• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Ok.

He says you can't sbr a pre ban lower after 10/1 either.

"At least according to the MSP today"

I am disappoint.

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    This is getting interesting.

See I'm not crazy, or trolling.

I don't work at an FFL. My coworker *is* an FFL01/SOT3 (his other gig) and attended the meeting today. SB281 also said dealers with inventory can sell that after Oct 1. Today, they said dealers can only sell inventory after Oct 1 if a customer has paid for it prior to Oct 1.

He stated plainly: SBRs are banned. SBS are not. "They even admitted that it will be impossible for a regular civilian to buy a handgun during October"

And no, I'm not outing his name or business name. You all will begin to see the news trickle in as people come out of the FFL classes

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I assume this means paperwork pending per October 1 will be fine. If not there lots of Class 3 stuff about to vet kicked back my NFA.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Honestly I don't think it has anything to do with MSP understanding the law.
    They are being told how to interpret it. I guarantee there was a closed door meeting with the politicians and the MSP brass and orders were given to tighten the screws as tight as possible on firearms, period. We saw that when the MSP bosses were lined up in Annapolis as window dressing for O'Malley and they really didn't know anything about the law yet they gave their opinion on it.

Agreed. They are getting marching orders through their legal section directly from Gansler in all likelihood. Gansler may well be going back to the legislators who wrote this to ask for insight.

That's my guess anyway.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Never go full retard. Lol

Our elected officials didn't get that memo. :sad20:

Well, looks like a lot of the gun shops in MD that had thought NFA was going to be a viable source of income just got boned, with no lube, again.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    See I'm not crazy, or trolling.

I don't work at an FFL. My coworker *is* an FFL01/SOT3 (his other gig) and attended the meeting today. SB281 also said dealers with inventory can sell that after Oct 1. Today, they said dealers can only sell inventory after Oct 1 if a customer has paid for it prior to Oct 1.

He stated plainly: SBRs are banned. SBS are not. "They even admitted that it will be impossible for a regular civilian to buy a handgun during October"

And no, I'm not outing his name or business name. You all will begin to see the news trickle in as people come out of the FFL classes

My credit card hopes this is true. That means I will only have to scramble to get one item done prior to Oct 1.

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    I assume this means paperwork pending per October 1 will be fine. If not there lots of Class 3 stuff about to vet kicked back my NFA.

The ruling from Gansler now is that the HQL will be needed to pick up pre Oct 1 77R handguns after Oct 1.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Let me just state this again since I keep hearing blatant misinformation: SBRs are not banned in 281 and will be legal to purchase after 10/1. The ONLY thing subject to interpretation are SBRs with OAL < 29" as well as SBRs that fall under the copycat test/banned item list. I keep hearing this blanket "SBRs are banned" when there is nothing in the law that states as such. There shouldn't be anything stopping you from chopping up to 4.75" off of your M&P 15-22.

anderson76

Feb 16, 2013
    Did they say how they came to that conclusion?

The argument for all SBRs being banned would be as follows:

A firearm with a barrel length of less than 16” also meets the definition of handgun. Only those handguns on the MD roster can be purchased. I can’t imagine a scenario under which a SBR AR15 will make it onto said roster. So there you have your de facto ban on SBRs.

At least that would be one argument. Someone check my reasoning. I am just shooting from the hip here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom