• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I would trust Mendelson as far as I could throw him. If he proposes it, there is a red flag. Not just guns, anything. His history is lenient on crime, harsh on law abiding citizens. So he wants to let DC manage transactions. DC has a vested political interested in eliminating handgun purchases. DC plays the game according to their agenda not the law. Yeah, more government control! I bet DC government transfers will not be affordable for low income people.

This is the correct answer. MD and VA FFLs do not have an agenda. They just want to do honest business and follow the law, unlike DC.

Freaking Mendelson. I blame the Washington Post. If they had never run that oll that showed Michael Brown beating him, he would have been voted out. Instead, that woke up Mendelsons campaign, and we're stuck with that douchebag for 4 more years. How is it that he gets to be in charge of the public safety committee when he has gone on record to say that crime is not a legislative issue? It boggles the mind.

MudRhino

Jul 8, 2011
    You moved to MD from DC for MD's gun rights?

Try VA next time. That's a real "free" state

Wish I had.

I know man, I wish I had been able. So ridiculous that I am unable to walk my female friends to their cars at night when leaving my place with a handgun on my waist (my area is sketchy at night). I moved in with my gf and she is from Baltimore, in school at Univ of MD, and gets in-state tuition so moving to VA would have cost her a ton. It sucks having to wait for the handgun roster board to approve new handguns (read I really want the ruger sr1911 and am so pissed that I am going to have to wait up to 6 months because ruger hasn't submitted it yet) but the ccw thing is what I hate most. Almost want someone to make a death threat against me so I can apply for a CC permit....crazy world.

Cowboy T

As soon as she graduates, consider talking to her about moving to VA. Let's hope MD's Victim Disarmament regime doesn't get her raped or killed first.

There is no way I'd ever live in DC as long as they're the way they are. I used to live under that sort of regime (California), so no thanks. It's hard to be worse than California at the moment, but DC managed to pull it off. I wonder how many of those DC councillors and other "high officials" have and even carry a gun today.

EDIT: Just heard that there's some sort of talk about allowing Wal-Mart to sell guns as an FFL, including in DC. Perhaps this is to stave off the lawsuit.

MudRhino

Jul 8, 2011
    As soon as she graduates, consider talking to her about moving to VA. Let's hope MD's Victim Disarmament regime doesn't get her raped or killed first.

There is no way I'd ever live in DC as long as they're the way they are. I used to live under that sort of regime (California), so no thanks. It's hard to be worse than California at the moment, but DC managed to pull it off. I wonder how many of those DC councillors and other "high officials" have and even carry a gun today.

EDIT: Just heard that there's some sort of talk about allowing Wal-Mart to sell guns as an FFL, including in DC. Perhaps this is to stave off the lawsuit.

I've heard that some walmarts are selling firearms again, but haven't heard any talk about DC being involved (guess we'd need a walmart first).

And yeah, Virginia is definitely on my mind. I hate driving in VA but probably could deal all things considered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom