• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Heeler since your the most active D.C. member I guess this really only pertains to you but I figured why not post maybe it could be a job opportunity for some people on here. There is only 1 FFL in D.C. and damn is he a theif (150) transfer. Many of you already know D.C. doesn't have a gun store so everything you have to buy out of state and get it FFL'ed over. Well D.C.'s only FFL is for some reason "out of service" making it so right now even if you buy the gun out of state it is no telling how long it will be before you can actually hold it!

Please (for the sake of real D.C. citizens) someone become a D.C. FFL. Think about how much you will make with 150 transfer fees.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Heeler since your the most active D.C. member I guess this really only pertains to you but I figured why not post maybe it could be a job opportunity for some people on here. There is only 1 FFL in D.C. and damn is he a theif (150) transfer. Many of you already know D.C. doesn't have a gun store so everything you have to buy out of state and get it FFL'ed over. Well D.C.'s only FFL is for some reason "out of service" making it so right now even if you buy the gun out of state it is no telling how long it will be before you can actually hold it!

Please (for the sake of real D.C. citizens) someone become a D.C. FFL. Think about how much you will make with 150 transfer fees.

AFAIK a person cannot get an 01FFL without a legitimate business location. It is astonishingly difficult to open a gun business in DC because of the zoning laws. It has to be commercial property, not within a specified distance from a school, a park, and a few other very common city elements. The locations a gun business is acceptable are EXTREMELY limited. DC was supposed to revise the zoning laws to allow shops in 2008. That never happened.:rolleyes:

There are a few 01FFLs, but only one was willing to do transfers. He had to close shop because his landlord sold the building. He has been looking for a new location for months, but it is essentially impossible to cover overhead with a few $125 transfers per week.

The FFL/zoning/transfer system is a Catch 22, just as DC wants it. :shrug:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I was up at our gun registration office the other day running a name to see if he had a valid registration in his name (he had just robbed 5 people and was carrying an Ibearia which is a super cheap hi-point) and he did not. The officer at the firearms registration was telling me the fee went up and that the guy is outta commission for a bit and it wasn't looking good for him.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I was up at our gun registration office the other day running a name to see if he had a valid registration in his name (he had just robbed 5 people and was carrying an Ibearia which is a super cheap hi-point) and he did not. The officer at the firearms registration was telling me the fee went up and that the guy is outta commission for a bit and it wasn't looking good for him.

Good catch on the robber.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    hahaha don't worry he will be back in your neighborhood in 2 weeks. He was already on probation for distribution, had a pending assault case, had fled from his halfway house, had tampered with his GPS monitoring box, and was armed. D.C. sentencing...............he's looking at 6 months community service.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    hahaha don't worry he will be back in your neighborhood in 2 weeks. He was already on probation for distribution, had a pending assault case, had fled from his halfway house, had tampered with his GPS monitoring box, and was armed. D.C. sentencing...............he's looking at 6 months community service.

Justice at work!

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Theyre really messing with him about his business. He lost his lease when they sold the building he was in, and they wont give him zoning for a new place. To make matters worse for him, they will not allow him to sell guns. All he can do is transfers. If all you can do is transfers and you have a pretty limited market he has to charge $150. In fact, I think he has only done about a 1000 or so transfers since Heller (2008), so he really isnt making all that much in the grand scheme of things considering lord knows what he costs are and his hassles.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    speaking of not making money........when are you going to take my money (keltec sub2000 in 9mm would be sold if you had one in stock)

Considering the whole city is under investigation for corruption I don't see them making it any easier on him anytime soon. With such an insanely liberal city most citizens are probably glad you can't buy guns in it. If one of the council members were to take a stand now on gun rights their political career would be CRUSHED!!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    good article for the topic!! Weird solution, wouldn't that make D.C. a monopoly on the gun trade in D.C.? Also I have a feeling the firearms are going to be so unreasonably priced and make it such a pain (red tape) to get one it wouldn't even be worth it. Hmmm.....I'm kind of excited to see how this is going to play out. At least it's sort of a step in the right direction.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I worked for the DC Govt for 20 years. Huge mistake. The systemic dysfunction is bad enough without having the govt run it.They'll be selling illegal guns faster than the ATF. I'm not even sure it's legal. The DC Govt in the gun business? No thanks. We know how they treat gun owners.

Let the lawsuit proceed.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Councilman Phil Mendelson is sponsoring emergency legislation that would make D.C. a licensed firearms dealer.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/local/dc/2011/07/dc-bill-would-license-city-sell-guns#ixzz1RYnEuL1h

I would trust Mendelson as far as I could throw him. If he proposes it, there is a red flag. Not just guns, anything. His history is lenient on crime, harsh on law abiding citizens. So he wants to let DC manage transactions. DC has a vested political interested in eliminating handgun purchases. DC plays the game according to their agenda not the law. Yeah, more government control! I bet DC government transfers will not be affordable for low income people.

mrjam2jab said:
    They need to just let DC residents buy at any dealer in MD....since DC is a city IN MD!
    This is the correct answer. MD and VA FFLs do not have an agenda. They just want to do honest business and follow the law, unlike DC.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    just get suleman brown to vote against it and everyone will vote for it?

Did anyone hear about the meeting where barry and brown got into it??

Apparently Barry said to brown (at the meeting) is it true that the FBI is investigating you??

Brown replied: "Yeah but it's just an investigation and Barry don't forget the same FBI thats investigating me ARRESTED YOU!"

Apparently then at the meeting Barry stood up and said, "Your out of your god damn mind"

Hahaha and they want them to be in charge of weapon sales??

MudRhino

Jul 8, 2011
    I worked for the DC Govt for 20 years. Huge mistake. The systemic dysfunction is bad enough without having the govt run it.They'll be selling illegal guns faster than the ATF. I'm not even sure it's legal. The DC Govt in the gun business? No thanks. We know how they treat gun owners.

Let the lawsuit proceed.

I'm with you buddy. Never worked for DC government but was born and raised in DC; the city government will do ANYTHING (regardless of whether it is legal) to thwart law abiding citizens from owning firearms. Pretty much the main reason I moved to MD was gun ownership. DC government in the gun business is one of the worst things I could imagine for gun rights in DC. I am just waiting for results from the lawsuits; these people need to be stopped.

I'm with you buddy. Never worked for DC government but was born and raised in DC; the city government will do ANYTHING (regardless of whether it is legal) to thwart law abiding citizens from owning firearms. Pretty much the main reason I moved to MD was gun ownership. DC government in the gun business is one of the worst things I could imagine for gun rights in DC. I am just waiting for results from the lawsuits; these people need to be stopped.

I'm with you. Waiting on the lawsuits. That's the only way things will change. the DC council wants thugs to be armed, and to have law fearing citizens disarmed. Maybe they get a cut from the proceeds of muggings and drug deals. Wouldn't surprise me. But the truth is, buying a gun is impossible now, and formerly incredibly burdensome and expensive. But if you get with an illegal gun, there is virtually no punishment. It's pathetic, and the reason DC will forever remain a crime soaked hell hole. And I say that as a resident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom