• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    I’ve had no issues buying PSA lowers and having them shipped to an FFL. Perhaps things have changed, though.

MD makes it difficult to buy an AR, but we still have plenty of decent options.
    PSA gave me a couple issues if the rifle ships with a 30 rounder it won't ship which is annoying just take the mag out and I will go to Oxford FFS so I just tend to buy AAC ammo through them

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Huh, they shipped my AS007 assault rifle right to my door, no FFL needed. Weird. They even asked if I wanted a bump enabler or silencer amplifier. I did get a case of the 6.7BBC heat seeking ammo that was hard to find.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Huh, they shipped my AS007 assault rifle right to my door, no FFL needed. Weird. They even asked if I wanted a bump enabler or silencer amplifier. I did get a case of the 6.7BBC heat seeking ammo that was hard to find.
    If you would bother to attend the Boogaloo meetings, you'd get a hookup on that kind of stuff.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I like Aero Precision lowers, the hole for the take down detent is threaded and can capture the spring with a set screw so you’ll never have to mess with it again if you decide to change the stock.

Choko

May 14, 2022
    Frederick
    PSA is weird about shipping lowers to MD. It really is a hit and miss with them. I've never had issues with anything else from PSA, but whole firearms and lowers are always a gigantic MAYBE.

Best bet is to by a lower in state and everything else from PSA.

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    I like Aero Precision lowers, the hole for the take down detent is threaded and can capture the spring with a set screw so you’ll never have to mess with it again if you decide to change the stock.
    I second this, just built a 300 blackout on an aero lower. That threaded detent was so nice. I picked up a pack of set screws for future uses

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Right. So I guess the sale is only for designated collectors. Unfortunately I'm under 21 so none of it is applicable to me.
    AR lowers are regulated so you need to be 21. Without the collector letter someone can buy 2 regulated items at the same time but then they have to wait 60 days to buy anything else. You have to have at least 1 regulated firearm/ AR lower receiver in their system before you can apply for the letter.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Good lord I just spent hours and hours learning everything there is to know about building an AR. I finally found what I wanted... (Awesome sales on PSA btw).

I get a hold of my FFL and let him know I'm sending some invoices over and PSA says it won't ship a AR15 Lower to me.

Then I do a search and I find this. https://giffords.org/lawcenter/state-laws/assault-weapons-in-maryland/

Maryland sure is frustrating.

I really wanted to take advantage of the black friday sales, and I really want an AR. So what am I doing? What are my options?

Thank you.

Edit: I did just find this thread, reading it now. https://www.mdshooters.com/threads/maryland-md-compliant-ar15-ar-15-rules.274279/

I don't see the issue. It won't let me ship this lower to my FFL.
    Your first mistake was using PSA, they will not ship anything AR-15 related to an individual in Maryland, even if it is a Maryland legal part.
    Your second Mistake was using Giffords Law as a source. Anyone that uses an anti-2A group as a source for 2A information, needs to learn how to use the search function here. Pretty much anything and everything dealing with MD firearms laws has been discussed here, more than once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom