• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • widderic

Straight Shooter
    Oct 19, 2020
    Baltimore City
    Good lord I just spent hours and hours learning everything there is to know about building an AR. I finally found what I wanted... (Awesome sales on PSA btw).

I get a hold of my FFL and let him know I'm sending some invoices over and PSA says it won't ship a AR15 Lower to me.

Then I do a search and I find this. https://giffords.org/lawcenter/state-laws/assault-weapons-in-maryland/

Maryland sure is frustrating.

I really wanted to take advantage of the black friday sales, and I really want an AR. So what am I doing? What are my options?

Thank you.

Edit: I did just find this thread, reading it now. https://www.mdshooters.com/threads/maryland-md-compliant-ar15-ar-15-rules.274279/

I don't see the issue. It won't let me ship this lower to my FFL.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-11-25 at 11.41.29 AM.png
      Screen Shot 2023-11-25 at 11.41.29 AM.png
      64.1 KB · Views: 81
    Last edited:

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Good lord I just spent hours and hours learning everything there is to know about building an AR. I finally found what I wanted... (Awesome sales on PSA btw).

I get a hold of my FFL and let him know I'm sending some invoices over and PSA says it won't ship a AR15 Lower to me.

Then I do a search and I find this. https://giffords.org/lawcenter/state-laws/assault-weapons-in-maryland/

Maryland sure is frustrating.

I really wanted to take advantage of the black friday sales, and I really want an AR. So what am I doing? What are my options?

Thank you.
    Why would you use Giffords as a source for information? There are already many threads on the forum answering this question.

Last edited:

widderic

Straight Shooter
    Oct 19, 2020
    Baltimore City
    Oh God that's unfortunate. Looks like PSA has had an issue shipping stuff to MD. So should I just get a lower kit? Or buy from another site? I'm rubbed the wrong way by PSA now!

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Can usually buy a lower in a store for about that it costs to have one sent to your FFL, since the gun stores I know only charge the $10 MSP fee (when applicable) when you buy from their inventory but will charge a transfer fee on stuff you have shipped to them.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Rightly or wrongly? Many supply houses are either leery of, or simply don't want any parts of Maryland ********. Real or perceived.

It's just another of many reasons why that current Maryland Shall Issue thread should be front and center. The need is strong.

Sorry I had no idea what giffords was, and yes I found a thread but I still can't seem to find my answer. I just wanted this shipped to the FFL I use and PSA says it won't ship.

If your FFL places the order, PSA will ship it to them.
    As others have stated, you're probably better off just buying locally once you factor in shipping and FFL fees.
    ETA- I can't tell you how many customers buy a stripped lower online for $40 then pay $25 in shipping and $50 to the FFL when there are stripped lowers in the dealer's case for $79. Anyone who works in a gun shop will confirm this is true.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    If your FFL places the order, PSA will ship it to them.
    As others have stated, you're probably better off just buying locally once you factor in shipping and FFL fees.
    ETA- I can't tell you how many customers buy a stripped lower online for $40 then pay $25 in shipping and $50 to the FFL when there are stripped lowers in the dealer's case for $79. Anyone who works in a gun shop will confirm this is true.
    True
    Check with Baltimores Best Pawn in Finksburg. They’ll get you anything you want, if legal. Great people.
    Tyler's in Halethorpe usually has inexpensive lowers in stock too. I bought a couple ('American Tactical') there not long ago. They went together smoothly and shoot fine.

widderic

Straight Shooter
    Oct 19, 2020
    Baltimore City
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll def check out Finksburg. Have heard great things about Tyler's as well.

Turns out my FFL has some Billet stripped lowers so I'm gonna grab one of those for $69 and avoid the $50 fee. Woo hoo!

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    Buy a stripped lower locally, then buy the barrel you want, the transfer fee will make it more exspensive to buy online and PSA is wrong by denying you this complete lower

Last edited:

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll def check out Finksburg. Have heard great things about Tyler's as well.

Turns out my FFL has some Billet stripped lowers so I'm gonna grab one of those for $69 and avoid the $50 fee. Woo hoo!
    Well there you go. Always shop local when you can and it makes sense. If we don’t support them, they go away.
    Both Tyler’s and md elite (BBP) are great shops with good peoples.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    PSA is no longer my friend.

After buying ammo from them for years, they suddenly decided that long-superseded laws in MoCo and Annapolis prevented them from selling. I sent them copies of the laws in question, and forwarded an opinion from NRA-ILA to that effect, but they just don't care.

So neither do I. They have nothing I want that I can't get elsewhere.

It's like the sellers on Gunbroker wwho refuse to sell to folks with a C&R FFL. Annoying, but an obstacle easily avoided.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I’ve had no issues buying PSA lowers and having them shipped to an FFL. Perhaps things have changed, though.

MD makes it difficult to buy an AR, but we still have plenty of decent options.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I have always bought the lower locally as it is easier as it is the register part.

I order heavy profile barrels uppers from PSA and they will ship them, lower parts kits and anything else you need.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I like PSA, I'm not mad at them for being cautious about operating in this litigious state. I wait until there is a sale on blem M4 lowers, then buy a bunch and have my FFL transfer all of them to me for one fee. Then I build them as I please.

Far cheaper that route. Mil-spec lowers are all the same to me. I haven't found any issues with PSA lowers at all. Have a PSA lower and a Colt upper right now on my bride's rifle. Looks and works great. Save the money for the important stuff...

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom