• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Your first mistake was using PSA, they will not ship anything AR-15 related to an individual in Maryland, even if it is a Maryland legal part.
    I've bought an AR upper from them and plenty of LPKs from them and had them shipped. I find their in store inventory to be quite lacking, so I've bought online for most of them.

widderic

Straight Shooter
    Oct 19, 2020
    Baltimore City
    Your first mistake was using PSA, they will not ship anything AR-15 related to an individual in Maryland, even if it is a Maryland legal part.
    Your second Mistake was using Giffords Law as a source. Anyone that uses an anti-2A group as a source for 2A information, needs to learn how to use the search function here. Pretty much anything and everything dealing with MD firearms laws has been discussed here, more than once.
    My bad on the source, I didn't realize it was anti-2A but then again, pretty much anything you search on google these days is. I will revert to using the search function here.
    Start PLANNING NOW to GTFO as soon as you are able …!
    My best friend has a farm in VA that will be my safe house if things go south. But you'll be happy to know I finally made it out of godforsaken Baltimore and am now in Eldersburg in Carroll County and I couldn't be happier.

Also wanted to confirm that buying two stripped lowers at once is allowed. I was told by my FFL that the 30 days only applies to handguns and not stripped lowers. Whoever wrote the legislation in MD must have had LSD for breakfast.

BigMac

Oct 15, 2023
    Baltimore
    Also wanted to confirm that buying two stripped lowers at once is allowed. I was told by my FFL that the 30 days only applies to handguns and not stripped lowers. Whoever wrote the legislation in MD must have had LSD for breakfast.
    Two at once is ok but you then need to wait 60 days. Pretty sure sure the 30 days applies to handguns and lowers alike, anything with a 77R.
    Not with the collectors letter. Apply on the MSP website, takes about 30 days and the one a month BS goes away.

Apply for designated collector then you won't have any waiting.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Two at once is ok but you then need to wait 60 days. Pretty sure sure the 30 days applies to handguns and lowers alike, anything with a 77R.

Apply for designated collector then you won't have any waiting.
    There's still the 7 day wait after purchasing pistols. A different thing, but still a wait.

kshaw

Nov 21, 2012
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I would probably check with Atlantic Guns just because they supported the Maryland HQL challenge along with MSI. We need to support firearms dealers that step up like this.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Good lord I just spent hours and hours learning everything there is to know about building an AR. I finally found what I wanted... (Awesome sales on PSA btw).

I get a hold of my FFL and let him know I'm sending some invoices over and PSA says it won't ship a AR15 Lower to me.

Then I do a search and I find this. https://giffords.org/lawcenter/state-laws/assault-weapons-in-maryland/

Maryland sure is frustrating.

I really wanted to take advantage of the black friday sales, and I really want an AR. So what am I doing? What are my options?

Thank you.

Edit: I did just find this thread, reading it now. https://www.mdshooters.com/threads/maryland-md-compliant-ar15-ar-15-rules.274279/

I don't see the issue. It won't let me ship this lower to my FFL.
    PSA won't ship a complete lower. You will have to buy a stripped lower and a parts kit

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    iirc there are three or four places in MD where you can purchase MD made lowers-- Engage, Hanover Armory, iirc and one or two others. Those and one from AmishArms in PA. Sort of like a local collection :) I just need to remember the others.

BurtonRW

Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    Welcome to EBRs and happy shooting!

IMHO, if you don’t know the major names in anti-2A activism (Brady, Giffords, Hogg, Center to Prevent Gun Violence, Moms Demand Action, etc.), you need to get more involved.

That’s not a personal attack, but the shooting community suffers from a serious free-rider problem (and too many Fudds, generally). That’s principally why you’re having the problems you’re having right now.

-Rob

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Check with Baltimores Best Pawn in Finksburg. They’ll get you anything you want, if legal. Great people.
    Another recommendation for Baltimore's Best Pawn (aka Maryland Elite Firearms) in Finksburg. Dan and his team are fantastic to work with. I know that they stock lowers in their shop.

Cal68

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom