• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Until now. Your Constitutional rights don't stop when you enter a state where you are a non-resident. That will not pass the text, history, tradition test defined in NYSRPA.
    Clarence Thomas sees it as clearly as it needed to be seen. WHY should it be upon a citizen to prove his worthiness to be afforded his rights? Dagen McDowell never fails to voice things like I would too. Love her sidewalk comment and how she wraps this up to say now she is going to go get her carry permit.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    F U Blue States, F U Frosh, F U Brandon, F U Kamoola, F U NY Governor Hochul, FU Whoopie, FU PELOSI, FF F F F FU DEMS and ESPECIALLY F U MITCH MCCONNELL, LINDSEY GRAHAM

THANK YOU CLARENCE THOMAS. I have long since held you in esteem ever since the Anita Hill hatchet job they tried on you.
    Thank you President TRUMP, Justices Alito, Kavanaugh, Barrett

Last edited:

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    A state doesn’t have to offer a non-resident carry permit.
    Well, the 14th Amendment begs to differ....

Fourteenth Amendment​

Section 1​

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Last edited:

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    color me majorly shocked that nj apparently went shall issue, much less without a drawn-out fight. would be great if the other restrictive/gestapo states (immediately) followed suit.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Until now. Your Constitutional rights don't stop when you enter a state where you are a non-resident. That will not pass the text, history, tradition test defined in NYSRPA.

Well, the 14th Amendment begs to differ....

Fourteenth Amendment​

Section 1​

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
    Yep. The 14th Amendment takes care of that.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Maybe there's some legislative work that has to be done to change stuff, I don't know but I was under the impression in CA and NJ the local governments "sign off" on a carry permit that is handed in paper form, with your documents much like the rest of the country and not like MD, especially where a handful of people are working in some state building, chillin', yawning and gawking at the time clock over 27,000 total permits in the entire state. Man, what a day, got through 20 renewals, whew.

I imagine if the process isn't going to be automated-ish like doing a 77R, someone taking a sip of their morning coffee won't even finish the cup before the next 1,000 applications come in

Sounds like a huge scramble

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    MD needs to relegatethe authority down to the Sheriffs Office in each County

Nobody

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    MD needs to relegatethe authority down to the Sheriffs Office in each County

Nobody
    Police shouldn’t be involved at all

In Florida it’s the Dept of Agriculture that issues carry permits

Not saying that’s ideal either, but less police involvement the better when it’s comes to 2nd Amendment guaranteed rights

Last edited:

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I could image Frosh is a stubborn man. Maybe thinking like many who have lived here
    and want to exercise their Right. Me Too. Many of us SB387 and other bills passed
    ARE saying "WWNC"! Most likely he's thinking the same!! JMO

BurtonRW

Oct 19, 2007
    Pasadena
    So when can 1983 damages be asked for?

IMHO, a civil rights action will be ripe as soon as the first person is denied post-publication (of the opinion) for lack of G&S, or when MSP delays processing applications > 90 days b/c AG hasn't given guidance. There may be other grounds, depending on what Frosh comes up with to impede compliance with the ruling.

-Rob

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    Isn’t Frosh the little b*** that always has a contingent of armed State Troopers around him? I’m from FL and don’t know much of him but have watched a few MSI vids

Sounds like the type that is going to p** himself now that many many many average Joe Marylanders will have a Glock IWB

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    This guy needs to be in prison
    Agree 100 percent. He needs to be removed immediately from Maryland AG’s position, handcuffed and taken straight to jail. He is currently and willfully disregarding a court ruling WAY above his pay grade. The MSP guarding him are completely derelict in their duties at this time. ARREST HIM.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I'd be happy to file a Writ of Mandamus against Frosh if I had the time. If any of you are inclined and have some free time, start filing writs of mandamus against Frosh.

A Writ of Mandamus is essentially a lawsuit forcing a public official to do something they have to do. An example of the only time I even considered filing one was against the PG County Clerk for refusing to file a deed via mail (even though the Real Property Code requires county clerks to accept deeds via mail) - however, it was cheaper to pay a courier than to file the writ. I did, and continue, to raise the issue to the bar association though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom