• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    The Sightmarks lowest recommended operation temperature is not all that low but idk exactly what happens below that temperature. It comes with an ir illuminator and comes highly recommended. I don’t have that exact model but the wraith 4x16x50 I do have is amazing! Snd it uses cr123a batteries instead of a built in battery which I don’t personally like. I like to be able to change batteries because I don’t know what happens when an integrated battery craps out. And I just got that model in the thermal configuration today so I will let everyone know how that is later

I don’t know much about atn but my neighbor has one snd he likes it.the base magnification is gonna make and moving or close shots really difficult. But you could sure see a long way off with the top magnification but it’s digital magnification so it will get pixilated. And it doesn’t appear to come with a illumiator. That’s all I know about this one.

I would probably pick the sightmark but I am biased because I have two of their products already

Edit to ad:

If I was picking a digital night vision scope from palmetto state armory I would go with the Sightmark wraith hd 2x16x32 because around where I hunt it’s more tight and the 2x base magnification gives you a better field of view

That unit doesn’t record audio which doesn’t matter to me and you can mount the included ir light on top of it and it uses AA batteries which I like

And it’s $349

It’s like buying last years, of several years ago, model but I love mine

Ymmv

Last edited:

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    Bought a Sightmark Wraith HD 4-32x50mm to dip my toes in the NV game. That lasted about an hour before I boxed it up and initiated the return. Cannot access any of the submenus - reticles, zero, etc. Must have got a bad one.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Bought a Sightmark Wraith HD 4-32x50mm to dip my toes in the NV game. That lasted about an hour before I boxed it up and initiated the return. Cannot access any of the submenus - reticles, zero, etc. Must have got a bad one.
    There’s a video on YouTube that you might want to watch first

I couldn’t figure out anything except what was on the basic menu until I watched it

I was about to send my thermal back until I watched the one on that model

Or maybe you got a bad one

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    It's a bad one. You can "blindly" navigate based on number of clicks to change the reticle color, but the menu doesn't display on the screen when doing so.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    It's a bad one. You can "blindly" navigate based on number of clicks to change the reticle color, but the menu doesn't display on the screen when doing so.
    Yep, send it back

Did you register the warrant or are you sending it back to the retailer?

Let me know how the warrant process goes in case I ever need it

Sorry you got a bad one

Did you get it from psa?

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Thermal to spot IR to shoot. ATN Thor and a 4K scope are what I run.
    Try an AGM TS35-640 or above and you might change your mind on that.

I canceled an order for a 1 x Accufire Technology Incendis Clip-On 1-4x 30mm Thermal Imaging Rifle Scopes, 60 Hz, 384x288, Black, ACC-INC3-2020G1 for the Rattler and glad I did. This was a "clip on" that mounts in front of your normal scope, standalone, or handheld.

For me, the price was about the same and increase in resolution between 30mm 384 and 35mm 640 was, 'er, night and day so to speak. :-) The Rattler has QD mounts and can be handheld as well. The newest Rattlers are even better but you pay another $1,500 and for around here and under 300 yards for most stuff. YMMV

St-Mtx.

May 28, 2021
    looking to outfit a varmit rig
    was thinking night vision scope on gun with agm thermal monocular to look around/search
    maybe thermal on both
    not looking to break the bank either

thoughts ?
    All depends, if you're night hunting then an IR scope is a no brainer and use the thermal to find targets. However if it's low light like dusk or early morning just go with thermals and have a high quality scope with a large objective lense to capture as much light as possible.

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    Thermal resolution has come a long way. I think the video is right, new thermal will out perform NV/I2 devices. Any extra cash I have around is going that way. I have a simple AGM and think it's great. Can't imagine what the new tubes with 4x the resolution would look like.
    Thx for the video.
    V

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Assman I have n v binoculars very similar to the one you posted.
    made by night owl. Does a decent job and has same features as the one shown. 149.00 off Amozon

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Try an AGM TS35-640 or above and you might change your mind on that.
    That's what I ended up getting and it's excellent.
    I canceled an order for a 1 x Accufire Technology Incendis Clip-On 1-4x 30mm Thermal Imaging Rifle Scopes, 60 Hz, 384x288, Black, ACC-INC3-2020G1 for the Rattler and glad I did. This was a "clip on" that mounts in front of your normal scope, standalone, or handheld.

For me, the price was about the same and increase in resolution between 30mm 384 and 35mm 640 was, 'er, night and day so to speak. :-) The Rattler has QD mounts and can be handheld as well. The newest Rattlers are even better but you pay another $1,500 and for around here and under 300 yards for most stuff. YMMV
    It DOES seem like a huge leap between 384 and 640 resolution.
    Integration will be cool
    Agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom