• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JayCorleone

MD by way of GA
    Jan 22, 2012
    Boonsboro
    I don't know who's up, but I'm trying to fish tonight, I want some cats. Where around Boonsboro, Williamsport, Hagerstown can I do this without being around other people?

Thinking about going to the dam by the powerplant but I don't want to run into partying drunks. Please help,

JayCorleone

MD by way of GA
    Jan 22, 2012
    Boonsboro
    I'm not trying to do anything wrong or revive a dead topic, but is there anywhere I can legally night fish? This is driving me bonkers

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Unless it's posted no tresspassing or no night fishing you should be able to go fishing in the same places you day fish. Just give the drunks some beer so they leave you alone

JayCorleone

MD by way of GA
    Jan 22, 2012
    Boonsboro
    Seems like everywhere I would typically park my vehicle is closed after dark. If I get caught are they just going to ask me to leave? I parked at the cushwa basin park and started walking down the canal path one night and felt like I was commiting murder. Lol

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Seems like everywhere I would typically park my vehicle is closed after dark. If I get caught are they just going to ask me to leave? I parked at the cushwa basin park and started walking down the canal path one night and felt like I was commiting murder. Lol

on a trail at night, im sure someone was committing murder in the woods nearby, or at least burying a body. i hope you carry in case you stumble upon some nocturnal dirt people.

Last edited:

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    You can night fish on Deep Creek Lake, and the Yough Resevoir.

Back when I lived in Central MD, we used to night fish Violets Lock on the Potomac for catfish. So soon as the sun started setting the cats were on the prowl, and the bite was quite good!

Marylandfisherman

Self Aware
    Nov 10, 2011
    Pretty much anywhere you can access the river near Hagerstown you can fish. 95 times out of a hundred, the worst that will happen is you get asked/told to leave.

The other 5%, you may get a parking ticket, or a search of you and/or your vehicle. Ask me how I know:rolleyes:...

Lots of river access your way. Google maps will be your friend...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom