• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Nice canvas jacket for what it's worth. Not sure exactly what makes it a CCW jacket, probably some extra inside pockets I guess.

In any case it is only $29.88 not bad for a Cabela's canvas jacket.

Use code "16CABGEAR" for free shipping on clothing items. I had a $25 gift card from last Christmas so this jacket cost me $4.88 lol....can't beat that.

Yeah I am a bargain hunter for sure. Go get it if it interests you. Only L and XL available though. Thankfully I am still fitting nicely in XL stuff :innocent0

http://www.cabelas.com/product/bargain-cave/weekly-specials|/pc/105591780/c/105641280/cabela-s-men-s-concealed-carry-washed-canvas-jacket/1808492.uts?destination=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D105641280

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    exactly. matter of fact the security guy following Van Hollen yesterday was wearing one.

to those who know, pretty obvious.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I get your point but honestly it just looks like a plain canvas jacket. Unless you are a jacket expert I doubt most folks will have a clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until you see one sided sagging more heavily than the other side. Lopsided shoulders. Constantly pulling the gun side up because it's heavier on your shoulder.

Fuller cut waist ccw jackets, cool. Inside molle hanging stuff? Stupid.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Until you see one sided sagging more heavily than the other side. Lopsided shoulders. Constantly pulling the gun side up because it's heavier on your shoulder.

Agree. Ever test out the CC pockets in a CCW shirt? Looks like you are smuggling a baby Koala out of Australia.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County

Yeah that's possible. I'm not sure what it looks like on the inside. I really just posted this because it looks like a nice affordable, and Cabelas jacket for the fall. $30 for a jacket can't be beat. Using it to carry is for folks to figure out if it works for them.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Yeah that's possible. I'm not sure what it looks like on the inside. I really just posted this because it looks like a nice affordable, and Cabelas jacket for the fall. $30 for a jacket can't be beat. Using it to carry is for folks to figure out if it works for them.

One of the reviews says it runs large and the retention for the weapon isn't that great. The other two seemed to have liked it, but no comments about the CC part.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    i normally carry compact or full size pistols on the occasions that I can. I'd be concerned that the slimmer fit and the lack of a longer shirt tail.

maybe someone can comment.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yes. They are $110 dress shirts with a straight hem. Not meant for ccw. Good luck if you're above a medium size. Guy at work wears them. He's very metro. Perfect for a clean cut, well dressed person.
    $13 wrangler or faded glory shirts from Wal Mart work much better.

WOW, $110 for a shirt????????

I have my dress shirts custom tailored for about $35 each.

Which reminds me, I need to order some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom