• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ocean

Eager to Learn Gun Newbie
    May 5, 2009
    Ocean City, MD
    Heya everyone.

I live in Ocean City MD.

I am new to this board, but hope to become a daily visitor and reader, and eventually a contributor :)

I was hoping to find some people in my area (Ocean City/Berlin/Ocean Pines is ideal, but 30-40 min away from Ocean City like Salisbury is great too). I was hoping someone would show me the ropes on a shooting range, help me to learn basic safety and shooting with a gun, and point me in the right direction with my first gun/guns, introduce me to the local shooting community and local gun shops, ranges.

I am really really new to guns, and I need all help I can get.

If you are a professional gun instructor (not sure of the correct term), I would love to hear your rates. I would be very interested in learning to shoot properly from the start.

Gander Mountain is the only store I know in the area, and I still have no idea what the closest shooting range to Ocean City is. I guess it is the Delmarva Clay Shooting (or something like that).

Thanks.

More newbie questions to come :)

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Welcome to the forum.

Now, are you "in" OC or in West OC?
    For ammo (rifles?) you have WallyWorld in West OC.
    Gun shops 15 min or so:
    two in Bishopville both on Ames Rd
    Littleton Firearms 410.352.3446 open 430p.m. MWF and weekend hrs also.
    The other one is listed in the local shop thread.

You can check the DNR site for a local range. Last time I checked one was in Newark.

As for trainers, I saw some ads in "The Guide". Pick one up on Wednesday.

Welcome to the forum :innocent0

Ocean

May 5, 2009
    Ocean City, MD
    Welcome to the forum.

Now, are you "in" OC or in West OC?
    For ammo (rifles?) you have WallyWorld in West OC.
    Gun shops 15 min or so:
    two in Bishopville both on Ames Rd
    Littleton Firearms 410.352.3446 open 430p.m. MWF and weekend hrs also.
    The other one is listed in the local shop thread.

You can check the DNR site for a local range. Last time I checked one was in Newark.

As for trainers, I saw some ads in "The Guide". Pick one up on Wednesday.

Welcome to the forum :innocent0

I actually live in Berlin, work in Ocean City, and spend some time in West Ocean City (my wife lives there, we are separated going through counseling -
    thats a separate story).

I went to Walmart the other day, they dont carry guns any more (not sure about ammo).

I heard of one shop in Bishopville (but I heard the guy there is more of a gunsmith, and he only has a couple of guns that people bring to get sold, and helps people buy guns online - but does not carry inventory). I did not know about the other one.

Thanks for useful info!

13mogul

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2009
    Welcome!
    Delmarva Sporting Clays is a great range. Probably only 30mins to get to. Would be happy to meet you down there during the week to shoot. I'm not an instructor, but there are several on the board who might be able to give you some certification should you need it.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    Welcome! If you have any questions, always feel free to ask them here. The answer you get might border on the sarcastic :innocent0 but it will be ment with good humor and as true as the poster can be.

Christopher

Punk rocker with guns
    Feb 14, 2009
    Salisbury
    I'm from salisbury, I haven't been to either of the shops listed in this thread but there is also Winks sporting goods in Princess Anne, which is a good shop with nice people.

I shoot at DSC and Tin Man customs, I'm no shooting instructor but I can show you some very basic rifle stuff, and I'd be happy to let you shoot the guns I have so you can get a feel for a purchase.

Mike128

Feb 28, 2007
    On a side note, I would not purchase a gun right now. Because you are having marital troubles, and it progresses, that is one of the first things that seem to be attacked on by the lawyer. False allegations, confiscation, leverage, and some judges look down on gunowners. Don't say she won't do that because they will. Rent, shoot friends, but don't buy until your social situation is stable.

Ocean

May 5, 2009
    Ocean City, MD
    On a side note, I would not purchase a gun right now. Because you are having marital troubles, and it progresses, that is one of the first things that seem to be attacked on by the lawyer. False allegations, confiscation, leverage, and some judges look down on gunowners. Don't say she won't do that because they will. Rent, shoot friends, but don't buy until your social situation is stable.

Thank you for the tip!
    I am not too worried about that. I dont want to go into unneeded personal details about the situation, but if it does come to divorce or anything, I have an upper hand.

But with that said, counseling has been going great, and I (and my wife) have high hopes for our marriage. I think this separation is exactly what we both needed to figure some stuff out.

thanks again. :)

Ocean

May 5, 2009
    Ocean City, MD
    I'm from salisbury, I haven't been to either of the shops listed in this thread but there is also Winks sporting goods in Princess Anne, which is a good shop with nice people.

I shoot at DSC and Tin Man customs, I'm no shooting instructor but I can show you some very basic rifle stuff, and I'd be happy to let you shoot the guns I have so you can get a feel for a purchase.

Awesome thanks for the offer!
    I will definitely keep it in mind, and if you could shoot me a PM before you go range shooting, I would love to tag along (hopefully with my new little toy).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom