• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nerfherder

Apr 22, 2011
    right here
    Every user's manual (that I have a user's manual for) for every gun in my collection states that using handloads voids the warranty. Is this something to be concerned about? I would think paying due diligence would mean the handloads won't damage a thing.....?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Every user's manual (that I have a user's manual for) for every gun in my collection states that using handloads voids the warranty. Is this something to be concerned about? I would think paying due diligence would mean the handloads won't damage a thing.....?

Your last sentence says it all and the bolded says volumes.
    It basically means that not paying attention to your loading can destroy your firearm and the company won't stand behind neglect on the hand loaders part.
    You'll be fine, start at the minimums and work upwards watching for signs of over pressure.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    When hand loading for Pistol cartridges a double charge of MOST powder will fit in the case. A double charge of MOST powders will destroy a Pistol.
    Think: Don't use a blow drier in the shower warning.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City

Your hand loads will be fine....IF properly assembled. If not, all bets are off. Your firearm manufacturer isn't going to back their product against the possibility of improper loading practices with regard to ammunition.

That same logic is also why I'd suggest that folks think long and hard about the sometimes seen practice of using hand loads that they themselves didn't create. In my opinion at least, there is no better assurance than using one's own product checks and controls for ammunition constructed for one's own firearms.

ihriec

Aug 10, 2013
    If you're serious about reloading and diligent, no harm will come to you guns. Instead you will enter a whole new aspect of the sport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom