• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    I found it also concerning that they listed moving a serialized Sig FCU to another grip/slide as a “ghost gun” in the NYPD documents.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Love how they throw that pellet gun in the middle of the picture to make the arsenal look more killy
    Yah, that single shot shotgun at the bottom is pretty scary, too.

I'm assuming what looks like a WW1 german stick grenade is demilled, and shown for the same reason as the pellet gun. Otherwise I'm sure it would have been called out.

Overall, an "arsenal" that many/most folks on here would find kinda pathetic. Mostly old bolt actions w/o optics including an old Mosin, a tube fed semi-auto (.22?), an SKS, some kind of AR (that somehow looks "off" to me), a couple of Glock clones ("ghost guns?"), a pump action shotgun, a revolver, some mags and a bit of ammo. I guess "arsenal" standards are pretty low in New York. . .

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I'm pretty sure New York has real gun registration, in which every firearm must be registered to be legally possesed, and the registration has to be renewed periodically.
    If that's right, then any gun will be illegal if unregistered or if the registration lapses.

If that's correct, then New York treats a single shot .22 like Maryland treats machine guns.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I didn't click on the video. I refuse to support that clown after the stunt he pulled with the "Magazine guy" who liked to violate protection orders in upstate NY a few years ago. They were likely already looking at the person. They already had a subpoena for all of his or her's eBay transactions or PayPal transactions. It reads like based on the blurb they conducted a "knock and talk" because possession of the items alone isn't a crime and doesn't generate PC for a search warrant. The 2A 3D printing community is wild. I am a member of a few bookface groups. Outlaws don't even sum up some of the stuff I see. It's great.
    Who are you referring to? Mr Gunsngear? Can you provide a little background?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    NY's SAFE Act required tegistration of the state's estimated 1 million ARs.

Apparently some 44,000 have actually been registered.

When the state police go after the other 956,000 guns, will they have enough cops to send a dozen to each household?

Assuming that many owners have more than one, how long will it take a single officer to visit each presumptive gun owner, assuming 10 visits per day?

Let's say 400,000 rifles, divided by 10 visits per day; that would be 40,000 days total, or about 109 man-years. How many LEOs you got for the job would certainly impact the time scale.

Sadly, they don't know who has them (Not registered, if you recall) so they'd have to make a lot more visits than the simple 40,000.

Somehow the project doesn't seem manageable. But tyrants will always try to find a way. That's what computers*are for.

*Who here knew that IBM computers were necessary for the Nazi regime to track the Jews for the Holocaust? They couldn't have managed without IBM's help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom