• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    "Two weeks ago, NYSP “Ghost Gun” Team members began visiting citizens in the New York City area requesting information about parts purchased from eBay. The parts were purchased from multiple sellers across the auction platform.

Most disturbing, the officers had printouts of everything purchased by the individuals from the website, leading to the question of how the State Police came into possesion the item list.

When the officers show up at New York residents’ doors, they show up in force with between nine and twelve officers. Only two to three officers will speak to the person while the others stand far back in the yard looking bored. The police will ask about the parts and ask to see any firearms that the resident owns. The New York Police are knocking on doors requesting to see the individual’s firearms."

Link to Ammoland article:

Link to Mrgunsngear YouTube video about the article, 18:04 min.:

NYPD Releases Tutorial On Ghost Guns & State Police Go Door To Door Looking For Them​

Link to New York State Police presentation on What Is A Ghost Gun Is and How To Make Them:

wpage

Ultimate Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    Southern Delaware
    Interesting use of NY resources. Dispatching groups of 10 LEO's over eBay items?

How do they get eBay lists? Privacy implications and warrant ques? Sounds Pfishy...

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    NY is normalizing gun confiscation.

When/If this behavior goes national, what are you going to do?

That was a rhetorical question, btw...

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    This is somewhat concerning to me:

The NYPD and NY State Police have begun conducting operations at gun shows in adjoining states in order to combat this issue as part of the Governor’s Ghost Gun Initiative.

So NYPD and NY State Police can just go to whatever state they want and set up operations?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    And you can buy crack on a corner and not a peep. The government is way to huge trying to skull drag us into submission. Not sure at what point do we need to act but this is not good.
    Meanwhile the streets of NY are in ruins and crime off the chain. F the government and the assault vehicle they rode in on.

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    I didn't click on the video. I refuse to support that clown after the stunt he pulled with the "Magazine guy" who liked to violate protection orders in upstate NY a few years ago. They were likely already looking at the person. They already had a subpoena for all of his or her's eBay transactions or PayPal transactions. It reads like based on the blurb they conducted a "knock and talk" because possession of the items alone isn't a crime and doesn't generate PC for a search warrant. The 2A 3D printing community is wild. I am a member of a few bookface groups. Outlaws don't even sum up some of the stuff I see. It's great.

D&Ds

Aug 16, 2022
    Indian Head
    When the officers show up at New York residents’ doors, they show up in force with between nine and twelve officers.
    The real end game? Confiscating the legal purchases along with the “illegal” home made stuff?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Interesting use of NY resources. Dispatching groups of 10 LEO's over eBay items?

How do they get eBay lists? Privacy implications and warrant ques? Sounds Pfishy...
    "Yes officers, you can see the collection of dildos I purchased off eBay. There might even be one large enough to fill as large of an A-hole as you are".

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    They were likely already looking at the person.
    Possibly but as Colion Noir says- "The gun grabbers do things incrementally." (paraphrasing)
    This was a test case. If no one squeals, they'll do it again, then implement it statewide. Then other leftist states will do it. What happened here really is "mass confiscation" adjacent.

I'm done answering my door. I use the camera and if I don't know you, I ignore the doorbell.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    I didn't click on the video. I refuse to support that clown after the stunt he pulled with the "Magazine guy" who liked to violate protection orders in upstate NY a few years ago. They were likely already looking at the person. They already had a subpoena for all of his or her's eBay transactions or PayPal transactions. It reads like based on the blurb they conducted a "knock and talk" because possession of the items alone isn't a crime and doesn't generate PC for a search warrant. The 2A 3D printing community is wild. I am a member of a few bookface groups. Outlaws don't even sum up some of the stuff I see. It's great.

I just got a Bambu two months ago and decided to join a few of those 2A 3D groups and I've already thought about leaving a couple of them purely to avoid guilt by association lol.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Possibly but as Colion Noir says- "The gun grabbers do things incrementally." (paraphrasing)
    This was a test case. If no one squeals, they'll do it again, then implement it statewide. Then other leftist states will do it. What happened here really is "mass confiscation" adjacent.

I'm done answering my door. I use the camera and if I don't know you, I ignore the doorbell.
    Yup. The heat under the pot just got turned up another notch. Frog soup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom