64.4 KB · Views: 735
    • x9right-1.jpg
      x9right-1.jpg
      69.5 KB · Views: 724

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Wow, that is really gorgeous. 15+1 of 9mm is really good too. I wish I didn't see it because now I'll be considering it even though I have to stop buying. I need adult supervision!

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Pretty. I don't know if it's $3k pretty but, it's a WC. If you get one, be sure to post a range report!

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    According to what I have read, WC designed this from the ground up so it isn't just a 1911/2011 that has been modified. The grip is the same width as a single-stack 1911 and has no screws - the barrel is fluted (and check out the crowning!) for weight reduction - they have test fired it with more than 1500 rounds without cleaning or lubrication and over 10,000 rounds with no significant signs of wear. I suspect that when this gun gets to market (March 14, 2017) that the prices will come down a bit. Then again, some folks are willing to pay $2900 for a Les Baer 1911. But, if I can get one for around $2400 I'd be all in.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    That's a beautiful handgun. I'll never own one but I hope you enjoy it if you decide to get one.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Wow... a high end 1911 with an external extractor. Surprised no one has bitched about that yet lol

Outerlimits

Feb 21, 2009
    Port Tobacco/Cape Coral Fl
    Ed Brown, WC, Nighthawk, Les Baer, even Dan Wesson, spending that kind of money it would be nice to shoot one before hand. I know its not possible, just saying, the grip and sights don't tell the whole story. Dry firing it you can feel the trigger, and the reset, but how well would I shoot it. Some hand guns I shoot well and some not so well. Hate to spend that kind of money for a safe queen.
    I know they all give different MOA guarantee's out of the box. But how I would shoot it might be a different story.
    But........That is one beautiful handgun. Hope you order one and report back. Might nudge me into looking into one. You know their are 2 sayings that come to mind.....its only money, and you only go around once. Good luck.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I like it but it is $$.

Thought it was interesting when Nighthawk started to do a 9mm along those lines and ended up going with a customized Hi Power instead.

Wonder what the gains are of this over a HP.
    Would like to see the Wilson one in a more plain version at a more affordable price. Also, wish they could have done it with a readily available magazine.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Double stack 1911 style pistols in 9mm sans grip safeties are definitely appealing. I bet a Sig P229 Legion in SAO with a flat trigger (and single sided safety) would be a hot seller.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Double stack 1911 style pistols in 9mm sans grip safeties are definitely appealing. I bet a Sig P229 Legion in SAO with a flat trigger (and single sided safety) would be a hot seller.

I agree about the 229...I was actually a little disappointed with my 229 Legion DA/SA trigger after comparing it with the 226 SAO Legion. But, I guess Sig's reasoning is that the SAO trigger is just a little too light for a carry weapon - and I kind of accepted that until I started to think about how many people do carry 1911s with a light SA trigger...

I think I just bummed myself out :)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    But you have double strike capability with your current Sig P229, something that single actions lose. Would never have considered this important until I had failure to fires at the range (rare, but has happened). Once had this with a compact Walther P99 AS, knew it wasn't a squib (nothing ejected, no slide recoil, etc), pulled again, and bam! I think the 229 is more focused on duty use where reliability is key.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Didn't think about that...okay, not so bummed anymore! Back to my loving the WC EDC X9...did I say how much I liked it?

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    I was talking to a WC dealer last week. He had already presold 26 of these. I would bet over 30 now. Pretty amazing

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I bought a STI Guardian from BB Pawn and really like it. Drooling over the WC X9 with the bobbed grip. It's on the low $ side for WC at $2,800+

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom