• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Also remember the AMD-65 is not your typical AK.

The AMD-65 was meant to be used by tankers, paratroopers, special forces, etc. who are more accustomed to CQB and where compactness is a must not for the typical grunt.

Normal AK's have longer sight radii and better stocks for more accurate shooting. However the improvements stated by many here should help to make it more accurate. Just remember the AMD-65 was never meant to be a long range/tack-driving shooter anyway and was developed for a different purpose than the normal AK.

FI$H

Oct 11, 2011
    I finally got out to the range and got her hitting some paper! I got the Tapco front sight tool but now i need to get the windage tool since im having to aim a little to the left to get on target. Once I get that ill be all zeroed in.

I still need to order the cheek weld, dog leg and peep sight. I think when I get all that ill have a good shooting AK.

Also, do you think upgrading the trigger is worth it?

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    If it already has a G2 (Tapco) trigger in it, stick with that. It's the best bang for your buck and a decent trigger.

If you are used to an AR trigger, the AK trigger will feel creepy but it's part of the design. Even the adjustable Red Star trigger won't rid the AK of creep and overtravel entirely.

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    I finally got out to the range and got her hitting some paper! I got the Tapco front sight tool but now i need to get the windage tool since im having to aim a little to the left to get on target. Once I get that ill be all zeroed in.

I still need to order the cheek weld, dog leg and peep sight. I think when I get all that ill have a good shooting AK.

Also, do you think upgrading the trigger is worth it?

My AMD-65's sights were off and I had to zero them at the range. Maybe they aren't zeroing them or they're using different ammo than us? In any case, mine shoots well now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom