• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    My dad recommended the same thing for the house. Something to consider as my wife has not shot very much. I do want something to play with at the range and cc in the future (not sure if I will be in MD long enough to jump through the hoops). I have been looking at the SR9C and a few SIGs.

To be honest, if I get what I want first and the wife doesn't like it then I can always get something else. If I get something she really likes to begin with I might back myself into a corner for awhile.

Can't go wrong with a Sig. I go out of my way to help others especially military/LEO folks.

You should repost your question in the other forums, Central Maryland would be most appropriate, considering this broad question for now.

Ft Meade. As for buying, it is my understanding that I do not need to obtain an HQL so that will be nice.

Correct. As active duty (or retired) military you do not need an HQL. Also, if you decide to purchase/order this gun; it's non-regulated so you don't need to wait the seven days required for regulated firearms (pistols and some 'military looking' rifles).

I highly recommend you attend some local civilian training. The most important thing is mind-set* or what many call 'awareness', then there is the critical issue of marksmanship (I call it 'shot placement'). Beyond that there are a lot of other things to consider and exercise.

Check out Annapolis Defense and Security (ADS) and Dukes Defense training classes. Both are exceptional and will give you the certifications/licenses you need to be legal; and the training/experience to increase your chances of surviving a lethal confrontation.

*be a law-abiding & responsible citizen, help others and do the right thing.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Welcome, fellow airman!

First get a shotgun; then go through the BS of a carry license if you wish for a handgun. The Utah CFP MAY help a little if you need to use your pistol, and not at all if you use it outside your home. [Note: By Utah statute the charge for the class may not exceed $50.] You may as well get licensed by your home state the next time you go back.

Also, I'd recommend signing up with Second Call Defense at http://www.secondcalldefense.org/. Cheap peace of mind. The JAG Office will walk away if you're ever forced to use your weapon on someone.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    Wecome! You are starting off the new year in a good way by joining MDS. The folks here are very generous with sharing their knowledge.:thumbsup:

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    No HQL, makes life a little easier for you, wife will need it though, I'm trying to get mine to go through the paces...Check the Industry Partner Section and look for a FFL/Vendor near you and get yourself setup if you decide to buy online then you have your pick up point worked out for the transfer...If you have questions do a search on here there is a tremendous amount of repetition though good answers...

This might help too https://www.mdsp.org/Home.aspx

Welcome Aboard...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom