• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have an idea to get rid of the back pressure, and still have good suppression. I’m looking at form 1 projects and have been researching suppressor technology for years. The 2 largest factors affecting suppression are volume and number of baffles. Yes, there are myriad other factors, but those are the big ones. I want to integrally suppress a RDB 9mm AR in particular. I can’t get away from the 9mm AR platform.

So I’m looking at my upper. 8” barrel. Thinking volume. Where can I find volume? Ah! There it is, and it’s untapped! Sitting there. RIGHT UNDER THE HAND GUARD!!!

So my muzzle device will have a blast baffle closer to the muzzle there will be free flow of gas rearward over the barrel, contained by a titanium tube threaded to the rear of the muzzle device. I will machine a barrel nut with a recess for the rear of the tube with an o-ring. In front of the muzzle will be a stack of 60 degree dual clipped baffles.

Attachments

• 63E656BB-FE45-4566-8486-D1D945E06F2C.jpg
      63E656BB-FE45-4566-8486-D1D945E06F2C.jpg
      66.1 KB · Views: 180

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    I have an idea to get rid of the back pressure, and still have good suppression. I’m looking at form 1 projects and have been researching suppressor technology for years. The 2 largest factors affecting suppression are volume and number of baffles. Yes, there are myriad other factors, but those are the big ones. I want to integrally suppress a RDB 9mm AR in particular. I can’t get away from the 9mm AR platform.

So I’m looking at my upper. 8” barrel. Thinking volume. Where can I find volume? Ah! There it is, and it’s untapped! Sitting there. RIGHT UNDER THE HAND GUARD!!!

So my muzzle device will have a blast baffle closer to the muzzle there will be free flow of gas rearward over the barrel, contained by a titanium tube threaded to the rear of the muzzle device. I will machine a barrel nut with a recess for the rear of the tube with an o-ring. In front of the muzzle will be a stack of 60 degree dual clipped baffles.

Something like this….

https://amtacsuppressors.com/suppressors/

As for OSS closest competitor that I’m aware of..

https://x2devgroup.com/shop/orion-x/

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I think this is a problem to be solved by me for less than $1 via 3D printing. I’ll let you know what I come up with.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I think I just got over my MP5 fantasy...

Attachments

• mpx.jpg
      mpx.jpg
      23.6 KB · Views: 163

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads