• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ra66it

Shenanigans!
    Dec 28, 2013
    The Dena
    Hello all, I recently decided to start reloading and found this site while doing research on the topic. I am really enjoying the site so far and have already found a lot of useful information on here.

So, Santa left a shiny new press under the tree for me. (I was a good boy this year haha). I am nearly finished building my bench in the basement. I have everything I need so far to start loading, with the exception of powder.

As soon as I get some powder and get the bench finished I'll post some pics of the setup.

Hopefully I'll run into you all on the range some time in the future.

Ra66it

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Welcome...
    If you're like me you'll make the jump to other calibers quick. I started with 45ACP and have made the jump to about 10 now.

Ra66it

Shenanigans!
    Dec 28, 2013
    The Dena
    Welcome...
    If you're like me you'll make the jump to other calibers quick. I started with 45ACP and have made the jump to about 10 now.

Ooooo an excuse to buy more guns! The calibers I listed are currently the only reloadables I have (not counting shotguns and .22).

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Ooooo an excuse to buy more guns! The calibers I listed are currently the only reloadables I have (not counting shotguns and .22).

One forum member I shoot with when he finds brass for a gun he doesn't own he goes out and buys one, at least that what it seems like.:innocent0

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Hello all, I recently decided to start reloading and found this site while doing research on the topic. I am really enjoying the site so far and have already found a lot of useful information on here.

So, Santa left a shiny new press under the tree for me. (I was a good boy this year haha). I am nearly finished building my bench in the basement. I have everything I need so far to start loading, with the exception of powder.

As soon as I get some powder and get the bench finished I'll post some pics of the setup.

Hopefully I'll run into you all on the range some time in the future.

Ra66it

Welcome to the forum, fellow reloader. There is decent amount of info in the sticky threads at the top of the reloading section. What press did Santa bring you?

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    DA, I got a single stage Lee press. I was good this year, but not good enough to get a Dillon haha
    No worries about that Lee setup - it will get you everywhere you need to go, and it's a great start to get your feet wet because by default every step is broken out on its own.

I did a fair amount of reloading with my Dad while growing up - shotshells, rifle, pistol, single stage - even cranked out a bunch of ammo on his Dillon progressive. My personal setup is likely the same Lee single stage press you have - a Challenger kit with quick change bushings. I've loaded a few thousand rounds on it, and everything has turned out very nicely. :)

Welcome to the forum!

Ra66it

Shenanigans!
    Dec 28, 2013
    The Dena
    That is exactly the press I got. A guy at work reloads and has been telling me his trials and tribulations for a few months. He has a rock chucker setup and recently bought the SS Lee press and said he actually prefers the Lee press.
    He described doing the rounds in stages... Deprime/ size a bunch, prime, charge, seat, crimp. I've read a few posts on here describing that as a preferred method also.

Plan on finishing the bench today. Hopefully I'll get some pics up soon.

Last edited:

Ra66it

Shenanigans!
    Dec 28, 2013
    The Dena
    Finished the bench

Here it is! Made entirely from lumber and materials I had on hand... The bench cost me exactly $0.00! :party29:
    I just sat the press there for effect but that's where it will be mounted. The corner is reinforced for the press.
    It's 6' long and 2' deep with a 10" deep shelf above also 6' long.
    Bolt the press down and find some powder and I'm in business!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      57.2 KB · Views: 171

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    Get you some good light. That was the most infuriating thing with my first setup. Now I have more sets of 6500K florescent bulbs than I can count.....I also have a nice tan year round, but I can see everything on my bench.

Ra66it

Shenanigans!
    Dec 28, 2013
    The Dena
    Get you some good light. That was the most infuriating thing with my first setup. Now I have more sets of 6500K florescent bulbs than I can count.....I also have a nice tan year round, but I can see everything on my bench.

I agree with that. I plan on getting a spot light I can clamp onto the bench so I can direct it and/or move the light where I need it. Thanks.

Ra66it

Shenanigans!
    Dec 28, 2013
    The Dena
    WheelHead. I just noticed you're in Snow Hill. I have a hunting lease about five minutes away from town off of Voting House Road... We're practically neighbors!

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I agree with that. I plan on getting a spot light I can clamp onto the bench so I can direct it and/or move the light where I need it. Thanks.
    I just hung a 4' cheap flourescent shop light over my bench - seems to do ok, but I like the idea of having a directible spotlight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom