New Reason article shows the road map MD is taking...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    The title of the article is "Why Gun Owners Are Right to Fight Against Gun Control."

Excerpt:

Back in 1976, Pete Shields, chairman of what is today the Brady Campaign, candidly laid out the blueprint for The New Yorker:

We're going to have to take one step at a time, and the first step is necessarily — given the political realities — going to be very modest. Right now, though, we'd be satisfied not with half a loaf but with a slice. Our ultimate goal — total control of handguns in the United States — is going to take time. My estimate is from seven to ten years. The problem is to slow down the increasing number of handguns sold in this country. The second problem is to get them all registered. And the final problem is to make the possession of all handguns and all handgun ammunition — except for the military, policemen, licensed security guards, licensed sporting clubs, and licensed gun collectors — totally illegal.

http://reason.com/archives/2013/07/18/why-second-amendment-supporters-are-righ

Looks like after Oct 1st, Maryland only has one step left... This is a good piece to share with the folks who may not be into guns who ask "why not compromise."

ETA: This is why my view on SB281 is more cynical. I don't think the politicians had any illusions that this bill would do nothing to stop violence in the state. Their goal was to infringe on our civil rights and further aid confiscation down the road. If violence increases - that's even better for them because it will be justification for...even more legislation.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    That article is actually pretty good.
    I had to explain the all or nothing tactics used by the NRA and other gun-rights groups to my little brother (very liberal). There is no compromise.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    That article is actually pretty good.
    I had to explain the all or nothing tactics used by the NRA and other gun-rights groups to my little brother (very liberal). There is no compromise.

Give them an inch....and they will take your life, liberty and "hope" for happiness.

g_mars

Mar 22, 2013
    The title of the article is "Why Gun Owners Are Right to Fight Against Gun Control."

ETA: This is why my view on SB281 is more cynical. I don't think the politicians had any illusions that this bill would do nothing to stop violence in the state. Their goal was to infringe on our civil rights and further aid confiscation down the road. If violence increases - that's even better for them because it will be justification for...even more legislation.

^^^ This. ^^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom