• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just curious, what makes a non-delayed blowback crap?
    The impulse is heavier, in the sense of recoil, than delayeds because of more reciprocating mass in the heavier bolt and buffers used to slow or delay bolt speed. You tend to end up with more red dot movement, red dot sights being the most practical sighting system for PCCs. I'm not bothered greatly by that, but I don't shoot competitively. I have direct blow-back as well as several delayed systems.

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    I’m hoping this is a good entry point PCC for a first one. Aesthetically, I really like the looks

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Blowback requires a substantial weight bolt So adds weight inherently , and enlarged reciever to contsin2 said chunky bolt, , and the cycling back and forth adds its own dynamics of recoil , and otherwise gun movement in each direction .

You no longer get bonus points for elegant engineerying with a blowback design . Kind of like introducing a 2024 model year car with a crank on the front

Just 'splaining , not totally buying into it . Everything is a series

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Is this S&W PCC a direct blowback?
    Why does it have a buffer tube?
    There is nothing that says "After Thought" like a full size magwell with a PC mag in it,, do you have to wrap electrical tape around the mag for it to stay in ?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There are so many firearms that take glock mags, it's crazy.

When a magazine design is reliable , well proven , in very common use , and readily available in standard and actual high capacities , why reinvent the wheel

It was common to design to design SMG and SMG like carbines to use variously as is or slightly modified Sten / Uzi/ Grease Gun magazines in the eras they were readily available for cheap as surplus .

Plus , it's a selling point for PCC if they interchangeable use the same mags as prospective purchasers already have for their very popular pistols

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm surprised I'm the first to ask :

Is this essentially a non folding FPC , or a unique design ?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm surprised I'm the first to ask :

Is this essentially a non folding FPC , or a unique design ?

There are plenty of non folding PCCs out there and actually, the stock on this carbine can be converted into a foling stock(for storage) with the addition a LAW folder. That is, assuming the bolt carrier will accept the buffer extension required.

Last edited:

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    S
    Better in that it folds sideways which allows sights/scopes to be mounted and still be able to fold and having more mounting points for lights and lasers etc.

Unfortunately that also makes it much fatter when folded. It can't fit into a flat case, laptop sleeve, or backpack pocket like the Sub2k. It basically requires a dedicated backpack or fat case like a big camera bag.

Sirex