• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saml

I survived the rapture
    Nov 27, 2016
    HoCo(lumbia)
    Hi everyone. As my username suggests, my name is Sam. I live in Howard County and just recently (about 1 month ago) discovered I had a passion for firearms after years searching for the perfect milsim/FPS on PC. (Arma, Squad, Project Reality, etc...)

I began my collecting with my personal favorite rifle, the SKS. Bought a Chinese Type 56. Decided I like commbloc weapons and wanted to also collect pistols too such as the TT-30. (Had a little .380 years ago before 2013 but sold it soon after buying it. Can't believe I need a card to buy a pistol now. ಠ_ಠ ) so that led me to take my HQL and submit everything. Did that on Nov. 5. Been 25 days as of today and finally had some activity besides the DHMH being completed 5 days after submitting all the paperwork and taking the class. Was hoping at the time I submitted it , I'd have it for the Silverado gun show, but I quickly learned MD takes its time. :p. Hah. I still attended the show and purchased a pretty unissued Yugo M59/66A1 SKS and a little mossberg 720 plinkster for the hell of it. Once I got back from the gun show I read about becoming a MD designated collector so I can buy more than 1 regulated firearm a month, did the application for that, got it notarized, and sent it out :). Aaaand most recently I got an Albanian SKS. Not all matching #s, stock and metal redone, but nonetheless a nice piece of history and I'm excited to have it.

I can't wait to grow my collection and everyday I'm reading about SKS' and firearms in general how the function, etc. Searching for the next member of the SKS family I'm building here.

Today, in the evening I checked the MDSP page again on my HQLs status to see where it's at and fiiiiinally a few more items were marked "completed" and now only half is left to be completed. So I have a feeling, I may be able to start looking for a Tt-30 soon. :D

Anyhow, I'm happy to be a member of this community and hope to learn much more about this newfound passion/interest of mine.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Howdy. Join the fight.

www.marylandshallissue.org

attachment.php

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

Saml

I survived the rapture
    Nov 27, 2016
    HoCo(lumbia)
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

Haha I love the hitler parodies. Thanks for all the info and links. Going through the acronym list now, gotta stay hip to the lingo. Lol.

And to everyone else , thank you for the kind , warm welcome. It's cool to be on a site with folks that are actually close in proximity and have to adhere to the same BS gun laws as me :p. Hopefully things will change soon. (*ahem* Chinese and Russian import ban *ahem*)

Thanks guys, looking forward to everything that shall come!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Hi everyone. As my username suggests, my name is Sam. I live in Howard County and just recently (about 1 month ago) discovered I had a passion for firearms after years searching for the perfect milsim/FPS on PC. (Arma, Squad, Project Reality, etc...)

I began my collecting with my personal favorite rifle, the SKS. Bought a Chinese Type 56. Decided I like commbloc weapons and wanted to also collect pistols too such as the TT-30. (Had a little .380 years ago before 2013 but sold it soon after buying it. Can't believe I need a card to buy a pistol now. ಠ_ಠ ) so that led me to take my HQL and submit everything. Did that on Nov. 5. Been 25 days as of today and finally had some activity besides the DHMH being completed 5 days after submitting all the paperwork and taking the class. Was hoping at the time I submitted it , I'd have it for the Silverado gun show, but I quickly learned MD takes its time. :p. Hah. I still attended the show and purchased a pretty unissued Yugo M59/66A1 SKS and a little mossberg 720 plinkster for the hell of it. Once I got back from the gun show I read about becoming a MD designated collector so I can buy more than 1 regulated firearm a month, did the application for that, got it notarized, and sent it out :). Aaaand most recently I got an Albanian SKS. Not all matching #s, stock and metal redone, but nonetheless a nice piece of history and I'm excited to have it.

I can't wait to grow my collection and everyday I'm reading about SKS' and firearms in general how the function, etc. Searching for the next member of the SKS family I'm building here.

Today, in the evening I checked the MDSP page again on my HQLs status to see where it's at and fiiiiinally a few more items were marked "completed" and now only half is left to be completed. So I have a feeling, I may be able to start looking for a Tt-30 soon. :D

Anyhow, I'm happy to be a member of this community and hope to learn much more about this newfound passion/interest of mine.

����

Hi there.

If the pistol is considered C&R, you do not need an HQL for it.

If you want to offset your Commie ways, just a little bit, buy an AR... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom