• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2013FX4

Dec 20, 2015
    I re-wrote that several times, and you know I almost never get involved in these things.

Of course, it's not worth the bother.

I'll bet that guy has a lifetime of social problems.

None at all actually :lol:

Anyway, I rest my case. Didn't want to stir any pots. Didn't think it was such a big deal being a new guy. Guess I was wrong. Sorry Boys.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Read over some of the other Introductions before you go. Find some old ones from people who stuck around and became valued members of the community.

By the way, I sent my bank info to your friend. When can I expect the money to post, and will it all be in Nigerian Naira, or Swiss Francs?.

None at all actually :lol:

Anyway, I rest my case. Didn't want to stir any pots. Didn't think it was such a big deal being a new guy. Guess I was wrong. Sorry Boys.

MDS is not a "good ole' boys" forum per se,but everyone tries to watch each other's six.Read through some of the intro/first posts people have made and you'll see that.Everyone is welcome here but the current mentality/tactics of the antics keeps everyone on the watch.my .02

2013FX4

Dec 20, 2015
    Read over some of the other Introductions before you go. Find some old ones from people who stuck around and became valued members of the community.

By the way, I sent my bank info to your friend. When can I expect the money to post, and will it all be in Nigerian Naira, or Swiss Francs?.

You really want to keep this going? Sorry for trying to help a friend out. Holy Shit

Feb 28, 2013
    You really want to keep this going? Sorry for trying to help a friend out. Holy Shit
    Looky here.

This place has a steep learnin' curve. I struggled with it myself when I came on board, and I was once the subject of exactly what yer gettin' here. Hell, all I did was ask a question about the Civil War and historical parallels. Now, I get pretty well irate when I see a new guy gettin' ganged up on.

Problem is, some of the posters in this thread I think rather highly of.

Back off from this one and let it go. Come back in a couple days and start postin' in the gun threads. Stick it out and grind through the learnin' curve. After a while, once you assimilate, the rewards will be worth it.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I generally give people the benefit of the doubt, but now I'm wondering why this friend just didn't register here himself to buy the thing.

A rock has been tossed and this pokemon, for one, is watching warily...

Looky here.

This place has a steep learnin' curve. I struggled with it myself when I came on board, and I was the subject of exactly what yer gettin' here. Hell, all I did was ask a question about the Civil War and historical parallels. Now, I get pretty well irate when I see a new guy gettin' ganged up on.

Back off from this one and let it go. Come back in a couple days and postin' in the gun threads. Stick it out and grind through the learnin' curve. After a while, once you assimilate, the rewards will be worth it.

This man knows of what he speaks,he's a 13'er.

:D. :lol2:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Hey man i would highly reccommend you chill out and refrain yourself from carrying on arguing! There will be two outcomes of this 1. Temporary ban 2. Permanent banned! Just chill dude
    :thumbsup:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=lKxUfdv_U00

If you are interested in being part of this community you might consider a fresh start. I don't know if you'd be allowed to start another Introduction thread. Maybe if you put all the previous quotes behind you and your next post started with, "Hi, I'm from _________ and I like to shoot ________" MAYBE everyone else would give you a fresh start as well.

Good luck...and...welcome?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Looky here.

This place has a steep learnin' curve. I struggled with it myself when I came on board, and I was once the subject of exactly what yer gettin' here. Hell, all I did was ask a question about the Civil War and historical parallels. Now, I get pretty well irate when I see a new guy gettin' ganged up on.

Back off from this one and let it go. Come back in a couple days and start postin' in the gun threads. Stick it out and grind through the learnin' curve. After a while, once you assimilate, the rewards will be worth it.

Not everybody can handle the curve, but you managed and so did I.

Remember that it is just hazing him, because he brought it on himself for calling out a member in a very passive-aggressive way. He pulled the sword out and placed on his belly, so it is his sword to fall on.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    MDS is not a "good ole' boys" forum per se,but everyone tries to watch each other's six.Read through some of the intro/first posts people have made and you'll see that.Everyone is welcome here but the current mentality/tactics of the antics keeps everyone on the watch.my .02

I disagree with your "good ole boys" statement---there are some whom post on this forum, who seem to be able to post consternation directed at individuals as they please, with little or no repercussions, especially when posting in the "water cooler". Won't mention any names, but they know who they are...:rolleyes::D

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    I disagree with your "good ole boys" statement---there are some whom post on this forum, who seem to be able to post consternation directed at individuals as they please, with little or no repercussions, especially when posting in the "water cooler". Won't mention any names, but they know who they are...:rolleyes::D

Yup

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    The way you called out another member tells me I dodged a problem.

He called out a "member" but did not name said member. Said member decided to volunteer that it was him and then volunteer what the issue was.

What? Nobody else on here has had any issue with other members other than me, the OP, and the "member"?

I can still remember my interaction with 3% antimony man a couple years ago when he had stuff for sale. We agreed on a price and he was going to ship it to me, and then because he had gotten a lot of responses from others he backed out on the agreement and decided to hold an auction.

Now, I think I would have been suspect of the OP just like the "member" was if the OP just opened an account 7 days ago and had zero posts. It would have had to be cash only and in a public place and I still would not have felt extremely good.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Looky here.

Assimilate? lol I am still working on that.

The United Union of MdShooters.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    You have ZERO posts. Automatic suspicion.

Big red flag in the bolded area. That literally screams SCAM, like some of the people that make contact on GB.

Give it some time though, post in threads, join us at meet ups, show up at events, etc... We will get to know you. I personally have sent a PM with a request to hang on to something till a certain date, because I'll buy it on that day. IIRC, at least one person sent me something before the day I said I would get funds to them. I had the funds to them, before they woke up that day. I have rarely, if ever, gotten a negative response to my requests, because a lot of members know me and respect me for who I am. Let's not forget that some of them know where I live. :lol2:

I also live up to my word, with things on here and also in meatspace. Honor and integrity mean everything on here. It is coming up on one year after I closed my 10k karma and the winners of that karma know that my offers were open ended with no need to rush. They also know that I will come through on what they were promised, when they are able to set aside some time.

I don't really see the flag. The OP asked for the seller's contact info or if the seller would like the proposed buyer's contact info. Not everybody in the world uses the internet. My dad has a list of parts he needs for his pneumatic nailer, but he keeps forgetting to bring it over. He needs to bring it over because he has NEVER bought anything on the internet and is scared to do so.

The OP's friend might not even own a computer, but the OP knows his friend is interested in the rail, the OP saw the ad and mentioned it to his friend, his friend asked the OP to make contact.

Good Lord, let's give the OP a break here. The seller immediately made it seem as though the OP was out to rip him off with the "I'm not an idiot" comment. How should the OP have felt about that? If I was a potential buyer and received the "I'm not an idiot" comment, plenty of stuff for sale elsewhere unless the thing is one of a kind.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    So much heartburn. Guys, this is a forum. On the internet. Now turn the computer off and go outside.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    MDS is what it is. Doesn't mean we cannot change or grow.

There are different levels of tolerance but in general, I find the forum exceedingly well moderated.

Frustrations? Yep. Knuckleheads? Yep. Inconsistency? Sure...but not always and indeed, only infrequently. Butt hurt? Yeah man. Misunderstandings? Oh yeah.

The trick is to have a decent sense of humor and some patience. I've found it worthwhile.

OTOH, the young fella in this thread stepped in a hornets nest...in his welcome aboard. To his credit, he's eventually stopped digging and stood back. That's wisdom.

I'm hoping he: sticks around and gets out of it what he puts into it.

I'm hoping we: can be a little less quick in the trigger and more genuine and gracious in our welcomes.

Sure, I saw the same signs y'all did. The pattern suggested he might be disingenuous. The reality of that possibility remains to be seen.

Here to a "do over." If he's willing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mr88

Latest threads

Top Bottom