• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Honestly? It's a Kel-Tec, I'll wait until the Ruger copy has cleared it's first recall and then buy that.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Isn't that a training issue, rather than an equipment issue?

No l, it is an design issue. Modern shotguns have disconnectors or at least allow slam fire when pumped. The keltec wont slam fire. Its almost impossible to fire fast and reliably with the KSG.

Its a bad design.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    Have you shot or handled this 870 BP stock? I'm kind of thinking of getting one and wanted to know if your opinion is based on 1st hand experience.

It hasn't hit the market yet. They are taking pre-orders for them. Bullpup Unlimited is a VERY well regarded company that puts out a superior product, so when they ship the stock I expect it to be exceptional.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It hasn't hit the market yet. They are taking pre-orders for them. Bullpup Unlimited is a VERY well regarded company that puts out a superior product, so when they ship the stock I expect it to be exceptional.
    What have these guys put out before? All I'm seeing is their 870 conversion kit that hasn't been released yet. That's not exactly a long track record, especially compared to KT.

Of course, don't get me wrong, it looks like a fun little conversion that I'd be interested in once I've move on from my 870 to a different shotgun for trap/skeet. Anyone know what kind of mag extensions it can take?

Southern Cross

Oct 2, 2007
    Chase, MD
    It sounds like you guys are saying that Ruger is going to come out with a "KSG"...is that correct? Although I've only owned and shot 22LR Rugers I have been very very happy with them. I'd definitely buy that baby if it were a Ruger. I can't help it...for some reason that boomstick is calling to me!

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It sounds like you guys are saying that Ruger is going to come out with a "KSG"...is that correct? Although I've only owned and shot 22LR Rugers I have been very very happy with them. I'd definitely buy that baby if it were a Ruger. I can't help it...for some reason that boomstick is calling to me!

Just kind of a joke since they so blatently ripped off the little .380 to make the LCP. I'm a Ruger fanboy, if they improve this design, I might need one.

Jack Gordon

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2011
    Places Unknown
    I've got to fondle the ksg, it felt like a....well how do I put this as to not hurt feelings...it felt like a kel tec. Kel tec makes so so firearms that are generally good for the price. Period. This shotgun is no different so don't get your hopes too high

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Honestly? It's a Kel-Tec, I'll wait until the Ruger copy has cleared it's first recall and then buy that.

That does seem to be the way things work. :sad20: I regretted my P3AT and PF-9 purchases, not because they were back guns, but because Ruger came out with slightly improved copies a year later.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    The way these prices are going it will definately be a while, asking $3400......yikes. Supply and demand is one thing but outright gouging.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=274966101

Well if they get that kind of dough, good for them ... then you can buy a Benelli M4 H2O NFA and pocket a grand ...

Benelli-M4-H20.jpg

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    The utas seems to be available tool shotgun wars have begun. The saris neat though I don't see the advantage over a saiga

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom