• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    Yeah.. cause from an image like this (noting I can't see from a Google earth image) is so invasive....paranoia much....
    500'-1'k is not really a challenge but that would be unsafe right? I know a lot of pilots in NJ. I bet they already have been over your area....nothing to panic about really....
    SnowHill5141_zpsa916ec58.jpg

Guy obviously doesn't have carbon fiber props...otherwise that would have been a much different experience...

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    The point is that you're trespassing without permission. I also don't know what kind of telephoto lens you have on your toy copter either.

As I said, if you ask permission I'm usually cool. If you just choose to trespass, it might end badly for your toy, or end up with you being arrested.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    RC plane operators are referred to as Pilots? I'm not trying to bring the butt hurt, but it's mentioned several times now and I'm scratching my head on that one.

Accurate nomenclature asside, I think of pilot as the person flying the real thing.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I wonder how many people feel a drone flying 400' over their backyard is 'trespassing', but have no problems letting their cat roam the neighborhood, shitting all over their neighbor's gardens and killing baby birds nesting in their neighbor's trees.....

wrc

unexpected T_STRING in
    May 31, 2012
    AACO
    I wonder how many people feel a drone flying 400' over their backyard is 'trespassing', but have no problems letting their cat roam the neighborhood, shitting all over their neighbor's gardens and killing baby birds nesting in their neighbor's trees.....

Now we've got a problem!

131029143454-drone-use-art-cat-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Cat poop from 400'...

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    The great thing about rf is that Jaming is relative.. as in relative to location. If it were me. I would. Get into the hobby as well. This way I could learn all about how to avoid accidentally interfering with another user of the spectrum.. then when you let me know what you are doing there would be no conflicts.

Good communication makes good neighbors..

And if a neighbor objects... I think I would respect that.

wrc

unexpected T_STRING in
    May 31, 2012
    AACO
    It isn't as easy to jam a capital-D autonomous Drone, compared to a radio-controlled quad-copter.

If you're going to try and knock out GPS, or meacon it, well...that's why they invented dead reckoning. How well that works against a $25K SkyRanger or a $1K Iris depends mostly on your vendor or your own Mad Skillz on the pixhawk.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013

There's no quotation marks. It is trespassing.

400' I probably wouldn't have much of a problem with. When you get to 100' to 200' yeah I do have a problem with that. I have antennas up that high and I don't want your quadcopter tangled in them.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    New Jersey man in OP shooting at the drone was a piker. Try shooting at drones with machine guns at the Big Sandy Shoot:

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    slingshot would work on the smaller ones. Who pays for damages when the big ones crash into peoples homes, cars or into crowds? A couple lawsuits would crush the drone operators

wrc

unexpected T_STRING in
    May 31, 2012
    AACO
    This sucker can carry 800 grams. Consider that machine vision is basically solved in this space. Your targeting system is just another daemon running on the PixHawk.

Your best defense against drones becomes drone-to-drone aerial combat. Don't kid yourself and think this isn't awesome :beer:

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    wrc said:
    Your best defense against drones becomes drone-to-drone aerial combat.

I would think that the best defense against RC drones is to go after the operator. His transceiver is a beacon and he's a much less nimble target than the drone itself. If I felt the need to fly a drone in someone else's airspace, I wouldn't just be worrying about losing a toy. I would also be worrying about losing it all. You never know what's going to happen when you mess with people's right to conduct their affairs in private.

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    In the 60's when i was a kid, 2 large RC planes crashed into our roof. About an hour later 2 men came by DEMANDING their planes. My father called the PG Cops, who informed them that Dad had every right to impound their property, and they had to pay damages. It cost them $500 to get their equipment back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom