• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cam3xl

Dec 22, 2011
    Evening Gents,

Former US Navy Seabee here. The armory being the weakest link in my prepping triangle prompted me to blow the dust off the shotgun, get some training, find some friends and build the confidence back up. Have not fired a weapon in over 3 years so I'm looking to get some instruction on the range and THEN go shopping. (ok, ok, I do have my eye on the new 5.25 XDm 9mm ;). My daughters want to start shooting as well, so I got a responsability to teach 'em the right way and not just pass on my bad habits.

In the Catonsville area and looking to connect with some like minded folk. Dig camping, fishing, gardening and general family preparedness. Drop me a line...

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Hidey Ho from SMIBville. Sounds like you have a pretty good idea what you like in a gun now you need to outfit your fireteam. Well settle in with some sweet lemonade(official beverage) and enjoy the show.

cam3xl

Dec 22, 2011
    Thanks all for the warm welcomes! A little rusty with the handguns, but that is easily remidied. Really looking forward to a tactical shotgun class. Got my eye on a couple of 10/22s for the girls and a Marlin Express .338 for next hunting season for me. As far as "defense" long guns are concerned.... I have no interest in firing up the ak v. ar battle. I have fired both and I think ultimately for my purposes, flexibility and buget needs, the AK-74 platform is looking about right. But that is a long way off (and by long I mean months not years. Man does not know the day nor hour, right?)

Stay Frosty Boys!

cam3xl

Dec 22, 2011
    Hidey Ho from SMIBville. Sounds like you have a pretty good idea what you like in a gun now you need to outfit your fireteam. Well settle in with some sweet lemonade(official beverage) and enjoy the show.
    Thank you for the welcom. quick question though, what is SMIBville?

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Welcome! My father was a Construction Mechanic Chief.

Attachments

• Seabees1-150x150.png
      Seabees1-150x150.png
      16 KB · Views: 113

cam3xl

Dec 22, 2011
    Hoo-Rah DAD!! BU3 Simmons NMCB40 Port Hueneme CA. Combat Builder 2 years active 6 years reserve. Gotta love pouring concrete under fire. "We Build, We Fight!"

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](I work in Catonsville.)
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Take a look at these links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Helpful Hints Video[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT][/FONT]

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Welcome.. My best friend growing up joined the SeaBees.. His dad was in as well.. Anyway thanks for your service and happy holidays..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom