• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Santa wears brown!!!! Got this goody in the mail today.

The Socom II got a new dress to wear to the Zombie Apocalypse LOL

Holy crap this thing is short.

The good: Good quality construction, lots of rail space, from grip to muzzle is about 12 inches, good sling mounting points, left side control lever included so I dont have to reach around to right side to close breech on empty chamber after reload. Push button safety is nice. Trigger and trigger guard are huge and easy to use even with gloves. Mag release is easy to get to even though its a bullpup design (the extended mag release fro Sladlak Industries helps too). Breaks down without tools. Top optics rail stays when breaking it down so a re-zero is not necessary. Check weld area is covered in a thin rubber material for comfort. The buttpad and rubber on grip is amazingly comfortable. Plenty of barrel venting. Opening to get to the bolt catch for manual bolt locking. Looks like something from Starship Troopers. seems very intuitive. Its a f-ing CQB .308. Come get some.

The bad: Because of the swing out mag I will have to practice mag changes. If you swing out too far the mag will hit the grip and slow the reload. The chamber is right next to my cheek. The only thing separating my cheek from 38,000psi of exploding gunpowder is 1/4" of aluminum. When on safe the safety digs into my hand (this is good and bad because it definitively doesn't let you forget where the safety is. When the safety is on fire it sits flush and doesn't bother me). Right hand shooting only (only because hot brass in my face and getting hit in the lip with the op rod isn't fun), the gas blow off port sits inside the stock thus gasses are vented sideways. Time will tell what the ramifications of this are but I should be ok, but if the gasses start burning my offhand I may have to change out to a vertical foregrip. Trigger has more take up than before because of the actuation cam but it is smooth.

I originally thought that the check weld for the optics was too high, but after adjusting the red dot back a bit it is just fine and makes for a nice, tight shooting stance.

See pics.

Attachments

• P4060012.jpg
      P4060012.jpg
      64.1 KB · Views: 486
    • P4060004.jpg
      P4060004.jpg
      73 KB · Views: 495
    • P4060005.jpg
      P4060005.jpg
      80.5 KB · Views: 497
    • P4060006.jpg
      P4060006.jpg
      77.3 KB · Views: 494
    • P4060007.jpg
      P4060007.jpg
      80.5 KB · Views: 497
    • P4060009.jpg
      P4060009.jpg
      72.2 KB · Views: 495

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Thanks for the feedback. The H&K Benelli M1S90 is there for a size comparison, and even it is shorter than usual thanks to the Mesa Tactical Urbino stock.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    That is one of those EVIL BLACK GUNS.... The ones that roam the streets attacking innocent women, children and old folks. Mama says "ITS THE DEVIL"

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Congrats...but I liked the Socom as is.

The only M1A stocks that I enjoy are Sages...everything else just doesnt look right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom