• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed4341

Jun 14, 2016
    Hi. Just joined this site because although I live in North Carolina, I do frequently travel to Maryland to visit my wife's family. Hoping to understand Maryland laws a little better as they relate to me as a NC concealed permit holder.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Welcome. Chances of you doing CCW here are zero. If it's not obvious already, never move here. With you being a resident of free America, the state of MD hates you, literally.

Speed4341

Jun 14, 2016
    I don't plan to ever move there. We have been trying to convince my wife dad and step-mom to move her to NC. Her mother and step-father have already made the move.

Speed4341

Jun 14, 2016
    Welcome. Chances of you doing CCW here are zero. If it's not obvious already, never move here. With you being a resident of free America, the state of MD hates you, literally.

I don't plan to ever move there. We have been trying to convince my wife's dad and step-mom to move her to NC. Her mother and step-father have already made the move.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Good to hear. As of late, I've been seriously looking at moving to NC. If I could do it right now, my house in MD would be up for sale soon.

Speed4341

Jun 14, 2016
    Good to hear. As of late, I've been seriously looking at moving to NC. If I could do it right now, my house in MD would be up for sale soon.

Property is much less expensive here too! My in-laws sold their 1200 square foot, 3 bedroom town home in Westminster, and built a brand new 4000 square foot, 5 bed, 3 1/2 bath home with a 3 car attached garage in Concord, NC for what they sold their town home in MD for.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

Speed4341

Jun 14, 2016
    I understand that I can't carry in MD however may I travel with my pistol/revolver if it is separated form the ammunition in separate locked cases and placed in the trunk of my vehicle? I have posted a separate thread in regards to this question.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=194946

You can bring it from NC to your destination in MD that way. Once you're here, it can only be carried (cased/holstered) to and from a gun range/smith/dealer. You can NOT "keep" a handgun in your trunk. Cased long guns are OK in your trunk.
    I love NC. I built the filtration systems in Hickory at The Catawba Science Center's aquarium and was married on Ocracoke Island.
    If jobs were plentiful, my wife and I would move to Coastal NC in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom