• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Neither me nor my friend saw it that way, and we both shot the Sigs better than the 43X. He ended up ditching the 43X and going with the Sigs. But, that's why there are so many options being manufactured - no one is going to have the same preferences.
    100% agree, it feels natural to me and once you’ve found the EDC that checks all the boxes, its perfect harmony.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I doubt there's a dept carrying the 365. The 320 maybe but I can't envision uniformed officers carrying the 365.
    I believe there are departments that authorized them as backups where that authorization is required I guess. I think also there are some where administrative non-field sworn officers do carry as a primary.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I believe there are departments that authorized them as backups where that authorization is required I guess. I think also there are some where administrative non-field sworn officers do carry as a primary.
    Yeah, that makes sense.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    I had a hellcat pro, but it was much more snappy compared to the 365 x macro. The sig is everything i need/want, so i sold the hellcat, which i throughly enjoyed.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Would wonder if they make them qualify with their backups though since they mandate what’s allowable.
    You have to qualify with whatever authorized off duty you carry. Since it's being in the department which gives you the authority to carry a pistol under the color of law. You'll use department ammo too.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    You have to qualify with whatever authorized off duty you carry. Since it's being in the department which gives you the authority to carry a pistol under the color of law. You'll use department ammo too.
    Would guess they wouldn’t allow customization either then which would suck. Biggest P365 enhancement I still think anyone can make is changing out the grip module.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Would guess they wouldn’t allow customization either then which would suck. Biggest P365 enhancement I still think anyone can make is changing out the grip module.
    Depends. Some agencies allow you to carry personally owned weapons with customizations. Those have to be noted at qual time and any subsequent customizations void the qualifications until you shoot again.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Since we have brought up the G43X and various results from various owners, how does anyone feel about other Glock options such as a G19, G45MOS

Also the G26 which I know is smaller than the 19 and 45, but from what I read in the specs, the G26 grip is shorter and wider than the G43X.

1709394304298.png

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Since we have brought up the G43X and various results from various owners, how does anyone feel about other Glock options such as a G19, G45 ( still not sure of the main differences in these 2 models)

Also the G26 which I know is smaller than the 19 and 45, but from what I read in the specs, the G26 grip is shorter and wider than the G43X.

View attachment 457895
    I have the 19, 26, and 43x. When you hold them side by side the 19 and 43x aren’t that different in dimensions except for the width which on paper doesn’t sound like much but wears very differently IWB as an example. I love the 26, it was the first Glock I bought (think I have about 8 or 9 various ones now total) but the width again is where it becomes uncomfortable depending on where it rides compared to the 43x. I prefer to carry right around 3 o’clock IWB, I’ve tried appendix many times with many rigs but just didn’t work well for me.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Darkemp, thanks for this feedback.

My first G, is my only one so far. G23C, In prepping for taking the C&W classes and eventually carrying, I have purchased a Nexbelt, and an IWB for the G23. I have been wearing this setup in jeans to get used to it in appendix as I sit and go about my day/ evenings here at home.

I was talking with 4g64loser and trickg and a few others about other options of various makers for the 9mm caliber.
    I had recently seen 2 options that were mentioned here. The Hellcat and a Sig P320 M17. But also truly liked the advice from 4g64. Look into a G19. Much in keeping with the notion of muscle memory and familiarity, I think it is wise to stick with the Glock models such as the G19, 26, 43X.

The part you mention about the width differences of the 43X vs the others is significant enough that I or others like you would buy one for that reason. The sacrifice I see then is capacity.

Oh yeah, do the 19, and 45Mos take the same mags as each other?

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Sig 365 x is about perfect, but anyone else think the trigger is a bit spongy? I'll add the S&W shield to the list of great edc pistols.

TD

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Since we have brought up the G43X and various results from various owners, how does anyone feel about other Glock options such as a G19, G45MOS

I had my G19 and my G26 at the range yesterday. It was the first time I ever fired the 26. I found that I was shooting low and to the left with the 26. I was absolutely anticipating recoil and pushing into it. That's not a flaw of the gun at all but an anecdotal piece. The G19 hits where I expect it to as long as I do my part.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I’ve heard stories not sure how true of the 365 accidental discharge in holsters of LEO’s which kinda made me not even look at sig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually you’re probably thinking of the 320 not the 365. There was a recall on the 320 but that was years ago.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Actually you’re probably thinking of the 320 not the 365. There was a recall on the 320 but that was years ago.

Know what, you guys are right it was the 320. Well shit. Looks like sig is back in the conversation

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Like a few others have said the 43x is a great CCW. Of all my Glocks it’s the one I shoot the worst. Not sure why. I tend to carry my 26 instead because it’s a bit shorter in the grip and doesn’t print as easily. Plus I shoot the 26 as good as my 17 and 19.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Like a few others have said the 43x is a great CCW. Of all my Glocks it’s the one I shoot the worst. Not sure why. I tend to carry my 26 instead because it’s a bit shorter in the grip and doesn’t print as easily. Plus I shoot the 26 as good as my 17 and 19.
    I had my G19 and my G26 at the range yesterday. It was the first time I ever fired the 26. I found that I was shooting low and to the left with the 26. I was absolutely anticipating recoil and pushing into it. That's not a flaw of the gun at all but an anecdotal piece. The G19 hits where I expect it to as long as I do my part.

Thanks guys, Not that I meant to hijack the OP's thread. Moreso to add options for him and others to consider for EDC.

When I was first contemplating adding the 9mm's to my options for EDC I was looking at these.

Springfield Hellcats in various configs features.
    Glocks G19, 26, 45, 43x
    Sig, P365, 320, 226
    CZ 75
    S&W Shield

Checksbob

U wreckum I checkum
    I've shot enough Glocks to know that I can score pretty well but it's always "If I gotta." Just never liked the grip angle or cheap blocky look. I also want a manual safety.

Tried the Hellcats, 43X, and a few other rentals on multiple occasions before buying a Mossberg MC2SC (bottom). Great gun other than the stupid cross bolt safety. Then bought the cheapest plain jane Sig P365 and put a Wilson grip module on it. Still small enough for pocket carry (320 & other are too big), very accurate and intuitive to bring up, and easy to get magazines over 10 rounds in PA, VA, & WV. This has become my keeper for EDC. If you get a P365 of any flavor, do yourself a favor and get a loader like this SpeedBee.
    IMG_1094-X3.jpg

As for holsters, realize that most of these little guns fit the holsters for the G43X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom