• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Hey fam. So I’m in the market for a new edc. Currently don’t laugh I run a G3c with upgrades from Lakeland. I’m looking into a few options(Springfield Exhelon, Beretta apx a1 tactical, Shadow Systems mr920). Currently have an Apx so I’m leaning more towards that (mag wise). Thoughts on these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Your EDC options seem fairly large considering what most carry everyday. Personally I would suggest the Sig Sauer P365X Macro and the several variations of this platform. They have a 17+1 capacity, slim and optic ready if you choose to go that route. My second choice would be the Springfield Armory Hellcat OSP 3" followed by the Hellcat PRO 3.7". Both are available in the Gear-UP package with 5 magazines. These magazines range in capacity from 12, 15 and 17 rounds. Again this option is a slimmer gun to those you have already considered in your OP.

For the record I personally carry a Glock 43X (non MOS/Optics Ready) daily for 12 to 14 hours daily. I use factory 10 round mags but have other firearm options available and quickly at hand. My handgun is as they say just the tool used to get me to my rifle or shotgun.

If I were to pick a new EDC today I would probably go with the Sig Sauer. Feel Free to stop by the shop to handle them all as we try very hard to keep them all in stock.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    To add one item to this. Remember that the gun needs to be comfortable to carry all day. If your personal set up: Gun, Holster, Belt and Concealment are uncomfortable you will tend to leave the gun at home or in the car. It takes a little trial and error to find what works best for each of us.

It is absolutely a personal decision that each of us needs to work through. You may end up with something that doesn't work for you. Pay attention to your comfort and be willing to try something else if what you are using just isn't working for you.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Your EDC options seem fairly large considering what most carry everyday. Personally I would suggest the Sig Sauer P365X Macro and the several variations of this platform. They have a 17+1 capacity, slim and optic ready if you choose to go that route. My second choice would be the Springfield Armory Hellcat OSP 3" followed by the Hellcat PRO 3.7". Both are available in the Gear-UP package with 5 magazines. These magazines range in capacity from 12, 15 and 17 rounds. Again this option is a slimmer gun to those you have already considered in your OP.

For the record I personally carry a Glock 43X (non MOS/Optics Ready) daily for 12 to 14 hours daily. I use factory 10 round mags but have other firearm options available and quickly at hand. My handgun is as they say just the tool used to get me to my rifle or shotgun.

If I were to pick a new EDC today I would probably go with the Sig Sauer. Feel Free to stop by the shop to handle them all as we try very hard to keep them all in stock.
    I've posted before about the day I had the opportunity to play around with a 43X, a Sig P365 on an X frame, and a Sig P365 Macro. I was at a private range on a farmstead in central Nebraska, so we were able to really get after it on the trigger without anyone coming to tell us we were shooting too fast. I mag dumped all three of those pistols multiple times.

By far my favorite of the 3 was the P365 macro, and by far my least favorite of the 3 was the 43X, and this 43X was pretty tricked out by my buddy - it was his main EDC until he bought the Sigs.

The 365 Macro's ported slide made for a pistol that was very easy to control and keep on target, and the mag seemed bottomless at times.

When it came time to buy my own EDC, I went with the 365X. The 43X I might have liked had I not had the opportunity to shoot the two variants of the 365, and I felt that the Macro was just enough too big that I was ok going with the 365X as a compromise - still 12 rounds, but a smaller footprint.

Next things - an extended slide release would be good, and maybe the Wilson Combat grip module.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park

Honestly my apx isn’t much bigger than my g3c. As reliable as Glock is I’m not a Glock fan. I thought about the hellcat but I’d rather a full size and I’m only carrying for at max 5 hrs out the day, 3 days week unless I’m out on the weekend and that’s rare lol.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Honestly my apx isn’t much bigger than my g3c. As reliable as Glock is I’m not a Glock fan. I thought about the hellcat but I’d rather a full size and I’m only carrying for at max 5 hrs out the day, 3 days week unless I’m out on the weekend and that’s rare lol.

Sig is cool, I looked at the m18 and m17 but I donno.

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I bought a G43X and after a few range trips I'm not that excited about how accurate I am wiffit. I'm pretty good with a G17 and have put Apex triggers in both. Maybe I need more G43X range time or maybe I need a Sig P365. :lol2:

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    I bought a G43X and after a few range trips I'm not that excited about how accurate I am wiffit. I'm pretty good with a G17 and have put Apex triggers in both. Maybe I need more G43X range time or maybe I need a Sig P365. :lol2:

Don’t get me wrong, I love how my g3c is especially after the upgrades over the factory parts. I just want a full size carry option.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    I've posted before about the day I had the opportunity to play around with a 43X, a Sig P365 on an X frame, and a Sig P365 Macro. I was at a private range on a farmstead in central Nebraska, so we were able to really get after it on the trigger without anyone coming to tell us we were shooting too fast. I mag dumped all three of those pistols multiple times.

By far my favorite of the 3 was the P365 macro, and by far my least favorite of the 3 was the 43X, and this 43X was pretty tricked out by my buddy - it was his main EDC until he bought the Sigs.

The 365 Macro's ported slide made for a pistol that was very easy to control and keep on target, and the mag seemed bottomless at times.

When it came time to buy my own EDC, I went with the 365X. The 43X I might have liked had I not had the opportunity to shoot the two variants of the 365, and I felt that the Macro was just enough too big that I was ok going with the 365X as a compromise - still 12 rounds, but a smaller footprint.

Next things - an extended slide release would be good, and maybe the Wilson Combat grip module.

The Glock 43X is by far my favorite. The OEM trigger is far superior to my Sig’s, which were immediately sold. In addition to that, the PSA dagger 15R mags makes this platform, in my opinion, unmatched.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The Glock 43X is by far my favorite. The OEM trigger is far superior to my Sig’s, which were immediately sold. In addition to that, the PSA dagger 15R mags makes this platform, in my opinion, unmatched.
    Neither me nor my friend saw it that way, and we both shot the Sigs better than the 43X. He ended up ditching the 43X and going with the Sigs. But, that's why there are so many options being manufactured - no one is going to have the same preferences.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I’ve got one P365 FCU with two grip frames (Wilson Combat in standard and XL) and two barreled slide combos (XL and standard). In minutes I can transition to an XL, X, standard, and one that they don’t commercially sell XL on standard grip frame for 4 viable combinations. I’ve carried and shot all 4 of these combinations and the one it sits in all the time is the standard P365 with the only modification being the standard XL flat trigger. I am going to pickup a WC Xmacro grip module at some point as well. The modularity is just incredible with this platform. Makes me want to explore the P320 for the same reasons down the road.

It’s just too easy to carry in this way in multiple manners- IWB normally and occasionally with deep pocketed jeans in a Kydex pocket holster.

Have lots of Glocks in 9mm, 17, 19, 26, and of course the 43x. Love the 43x, handles great and shoots great. Only change I made to it was Ameriglo Trooper night sights, but just doesn’t conceal quite the same on my body, the grip is slightly shorter on the P365 and is just easier.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    I’ve got one P365 FCU with two grip frames (Wilson Combat in standard and XL) and two barreled slide combos (XL and standard). In minutes I can transition to an XL, X, standard, and one that they don’t commercially sell XL on standard grip frame for 4 viable combinations. I’ve carried and shot all 4 of these combinations and the one it sits in all the time is the standard P365 with the only modification being the standard XL flat trigger. I am going to pickup a WC Xmacro grip module at some point as well.

It’s just too easy to carry in this way in multiple manners- IWB normally and occasionally with deep pocketed jeans in a Kydex pocket holster.

Love the 43x, handles great and shoots great. Only change I made to it was Ameriglo Trooper night sights, but just doesn’t conceal quite the same on my body, the grip is slightly shorter on the P365 and is just easier.

I’ve heard stories not sure how true of the 365 accidental discharge in holsters of LEO’s which kinda made me not even look at sig.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I’ve heard stories not sure how true of the 365 accidental discharge in holsters of LEO’s which kinda made me not even look at sig.

Are there true mechanical failures out there from the earliest of P365’s- maybe. But it’s also the best selling handgun of several years in the past decade making production runs likely somewhere in the range of seven figures. What I can say for certain is that mine has never discharged without pulling a trigger and I’ve carried and shot it for 3 years now in the various combinations I listed.

Accidentally pulling the trigger will certainly cause a discharge. How many LEO’s “accidentally” discharge Glock service weapons every year? I always wonder about the AD stats and how many are actually user error.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Are there true mechanical failures out there from the earliest of P365’s- maybe. But it’s also the best selling handgun of several years in the past decade making production runs likely somewhere in the range of seven figures. What I can say for certain is that mine has never discharged without pulling a trigger and I’ve carried and shot it for 3 years now in the various combinations I listed.

Accidentally pulling the trigger will certainly cause a discharge. How many LEO’s “accidentally” discharge Glock service weapons every year? I always wonder about the AD stats and how many are actually user error.

Good point. Maybe I’ll look into sig as well

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Good point. Maybe I’ll look into sig as well

You might love them you might not. One thing that’s for sure is they work. I’m not sure how many thousand rounds have been fired through my P365 now, it’s a few for sure and it has never failed to feed, fire, or eject any 9mm I put through it whether target or carry loads.

This is what mine looks like in my carry options- Vedder Light Tuck IWB and Vedder Pocket Locker holsters. I tried a lot of other holster options before I settled on those.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      350.7 KB · Views: 20
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      377.2 KB · Views: 21
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      260 KB · Views: 20

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I doubt there's a dept carrying the 365. The 320 maybe but I can't envision uniformed officers carrying the 365.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom