• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike444

About to be a CZ guy
    Dec 30, 2012
    Parkton
    Sig 365 x is about perfect, but anyone else think the trigger is a bit spongy? I'll add the S&W shield to the list of great edc pistols.

TD

I've owned the 365 X Macro for over a year as is/was my EDC, when I can carry. I recently bought a 365X for easier concealment in the summer months.

Although both have the flat X trigger I agree there is something about the 365X trigger that feels a bit different than the X Macro. Granted I only have 200 rounds through the 365X compared to 2000 through the X Macro but the triggers are not the same at this point.

The 365X trigger is not bad and is better than that in the standard P365 but feels a bit spongier than X Macro.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I've owned the 365 X Macro for over a year as is/was my EDC, when I can carry. I recently bought a 365X for easier concealment in the summer months.

Although both have the flat X trigger I agree there is something about the 365X trigger that feels a bit different than the X Macro. Granted I only have 200 rounds through the 365X compared to 2000 through the X Macro but the triggers are not the same at this point.

The 365X trigger is not bad and is better than that in the standard P365 but feels a bit spongier than X Macro.
    No reason the triggers should feel different, because they don't come out of the Custom shop. Is one of the triggers curved instead?

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD

I have the XMacro and it’s my primary cold weather edc. Love the pistol. I also carry a Springfield hellcat when it’s warmer bc it was free lol. Nothing wrong with it and it’s easy to conceal and I own other Springfields. Looking into a 365X as well now just for a similar platform year round. The difference in trigger feel you mentioned makes me curious. Please let me know if that changes for you as more lead flows down range :thumbsup:

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    So I talked about getting the mr920 and bam in the mail today the back of my copy of concealed carry
    e5852cd36be9aaa9a136fcf68df811cf.jpg

I’ll take that as a sign

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I had my G19 and my G26 at the range yesterday. It was the first time I ever fired the 26. I found that I was shooting low and to the left with the 26. I was absolutely anticipating recoil and pushing into it. That's not a flaw of the gun at all but an anecdotal piece. The G19 hits where I expect it to as long as I do my part.

Over the years of instructing I have found that the primary cause of low left point of impact tends to be squeezing the grip with the strong right hand while pulling the trigger. You are probably squeezing to compensate for the G26's short grip length. I have had the same problem myself and found that the only way I could remedy it was to concentrate on my grip using the push/pull method. Pushing with the strong hand and pulling with my weak hand closes my grip without using my fingers. This in turn isolates my trigger finger to properly press the trigger without upsetting my sight alignment.

As much as I dislike a laser mounted on my guns I found that using a laser helps me see what the problem is, especially while doing dry fire drills.

I really want to invest in one of the high end laser dry fire training simulators for the shop. I can see it being a very useful tool to teach our students with.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Low left is a combo of 2 things. Not having the pistol level when fired, and sympathetic movement of your strong hand fingers loosening up when pressing the trigger. The trigger finger needs to be isolated when pressing.
    Good and consistent grip keeps the pistol level and on target and your 3 strong hand grip fingers not moving when pressing keeps the pistol from going left or right if you're left handed.
    See it all the time when shooting, people constantly loosen their grip when it fires and then they re-grip after the shot, and usually during the following shot. No clue why and how people do that.

A good drill to show this, is gripping the pistol just with your middle finger at top and pressing with the trigger finger to fire. The other fingers are not there to push the pistol to the side. They are not loosening up and re-tightening thus pushing the pistol left.

Certainly not anticipation. Most people who shoot with some consistency or occasionally aren't "afraid" of the gun going off. That's a newbie condition.
    A good grip doesn't care where trigger finger placement is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom