• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    So is the commercial being run so they can bask in the glow of their success?
    A well deserved pat on the back for pushing through this crap
    Or are they preparing for a fight?
    I'm hoping that it's a fight they anticipate.

I think this so the masses can see these ads during reality tv night so they'll vote against it if it come to referendum. Meanwhile in Baltimore City and Chicago......

Silence&Rage

Feb 20, 2013
    MoCo
    This ad is targeting folks that don't care either way. They don't own guns and are ignorant of gun laws. Most of these folks think "something" should be done. They're the same people who say "yes" to a phone poll asking if they support background check legislation.

We combat this by patiently educating our friends and neighbors that aren't gun owners and aren't affected by the legislation. I've been having some luck and even has some folks who have never shot or are anti-gun asking for a trip to the range.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    So is the commercial being run so they can bask in the glow of their success?
    A well deserved pat on the back for pushing through this crap
    Or are they preparing for a fight?
    I'm hoping that it's a fight they anticipate.

Neither in my view.

But why do you want them to anticipate a fight? I like my opposition asleep at the switch ;)

Consider this. Who is talking about the add any why? This is a clue to its true purpose.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Or he is an anti-gun operative trying to pose as the stereotypical media image "gut nut" to get a rise out of everyone and make us all look the fool in doing so.

Could be. Maybe he was trying to get members to do some jew bashing. He wasn't even clever about it.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    This ad is targeting folks that don't care either way. They don't own guns and are ignorant of gun laws. Most of these folks think "something" should be done. They're the same people who say "yes" to a phone poll asking if they support background check legislation.

We combat this by patiently educating our friends and neighbors that aren't gun owners and aren't affected by the legislation. I've been having some luck and even has some folks who have never shot or are anti-gun asking for a trip to the range.

Bingo ...

And we keep our response below the radar. With luck they will overplay their hand and the moderates will start looking to be educated.....

Chriss613

Jul 21, 2012
    I have taken part in ever poll on this matter and not once was there anywhere near support for any more restrictions or laws in first place. So where in the hell do they keep coming up with this mythical 68% figure come from?

lurker

Mar 18, 2013
    I bet they wanted Bloomberg to pay for that one too, obviously he didn't if they're begging for donations. What a joke. Just more retarded propaganda with ridiculous claims and false claims not supported by any actual data. If they REALLY wanted to clean up this state they would start by cracking down on the ****hole that is Baltimore where most all of the states gang violence and murders happen and the drugs and gun violence are actually coming from.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Vinny Demarco has been buddies with MoM for some time now. That's where the money is coming from. MoM has plenty of fundraising folks and connections.

Bobby Mercer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 14, 2013
    Here are a few of my questions, lets see who can answer Them. Who are the criminals which are talked about by the politicians, the media, the antis and the video. How do we know they are criminals? If you know these people are criminals why are you not arresting them for firearm violations. How do you stop a criminal, once you've identified and verified he is a criminal, from getting a gun?

Isn't it just easier to hand down a stiff jail sentence for being a criminal who is caught with a gun you shouldn't have? Isn't it easier to stop using a handgun charge as a plea bargaining tool?

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    A preview of the new TV ad, which will begin running Monday!
    Watch it here

The email says

The ad speaks of how Maryland's fingerprint licensing of handgun purchasers will save lives and serve as a model for the nation. The law and those who voted for it will be attacked by the gun lobby and their friends. We need to have the resources to educate the public and mount an effective defense... and we can't do that without you! and then they ask for money!

:puke2::puke:

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    They wouldn't be running this unless they felt on the defense. There are lawmakers who voted for this thing and they know it could hurt them. They heard our private arguments and even acknowledge that their votes for gun control were wrong.

Those lawmakers demand defense. From you. This is part of it.

Smile when you see these. Who would have ever thought liberals would have to defend themselves on gun control, in Maryland?

Trust me. We are just getting started.

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    They wouldn't be running this unless they felt on the defense. There are lawmakers who voted for this thing and they know it could hurt them. They heard our private arguments and even acknowledge that their votes for gun control were wrong.

Smile when you see these. Who would have ever thought liberals would have to defend themselves on gun control, in Maryland?

very well put!! still makes me feel sick to me stomach

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

THIS!!!!!!!

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover

I imagine they never expected liberals to be against gun control and you guys to think of becoming DINOs...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

:thumbsup:

arcticdc5

Mar 20, 2013
    "Erin" the mom was at the Urbana Library when Senator froth was speaking. Apparently a member...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom