• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    That looks like my CZ-75B Tactical, green and black. You don't have a CZ pocket knife, do you? :)

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Bollingers did a great job on my 89 CZ85 pre-B
    This gun was originally an Israeli police issue and it was beat up when I bought it but it functioned very well.

There was literally no finish on it and it was rusting everywhere.
    The Cerakoted finish was the best thing I could do for this gun and it looks better then a new CZ85B even though it's over 25 years old. I'm thinking of having them refinish my CZ P07 slide because poly coat is terrible.

IMG_7004.jpg

OH IT'S KINO

Southerner
    Feb 16, 2011
    Ameritopia
    Looks great! You definitely made the right choice. I just picked up an CZ SP-01 and I really like the black polycoat finish on that gun. I doubt I'll have the issue you had with the finish wearing, but if I do... I'll definitely go this route.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Looks great! You definitely made the right choice. I just picked up an CZ SP-01 and I really like the black polycoat finish on that gun. I doubt I'll have the issue you had with the finish wearing, but if I do... I'll definitely go this route.

Yours will be fine, the CZ poly is tough (I mean REALLY tough)

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    dreadpirate,
    Your pistol looks great. I can tell how happy you are with it.
    I think that I am going to have that paint job done for my 82s, which both have the crappy black paint.
    Thanks for sharing.
    DocAitch

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011

I think the black poly coat on the metal framed CZ guns is ok. The poly coated finish on the slide of my P07 duty could be better in my opinion and it's probably why CZ improved on it for the 2014 model.

The Cerakote is entirely different in appearance and quality. I was a bit worried that armor black would get chalky or show polished marring but surprisingly it doesn't.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Very early ones were blued. The vast majority were just black paint. I don't shoot my pre-B because it's not import marked and I wanted to keep the paint nice so I bought a newer decocker one for the range:

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    im a little sad. somehow a spec of a diff color ended up on my black frame. makes me want to strip it and redo it. :( on the backstrap part of the frame a small specnof silver. idk how it ended up there I wasnt using any silver around it..

cswann

Sep 9, 2010
    Frederick MD
    Hey im looking but cant find it...where did you get that cerekote job done? I to have a black enamel cz75b

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    My circa 1987 CZ-75. [EDIT: just checked - I bought it in 1985] This is not flashy; I am not a zombie green kind of guy. I like subdued and practical. For me, black and OD green is perfect. The original finish looked like rattle can spray paint. This is 1000% better. Very happy. Done by Bollinger.

http://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=159

Yeah I have one of those and a CZ-85 from the same time frame. Bought them both while stationed in Germany. You are correct about the finish. They are very nice guns. Actually rated one of the top 9mm made at the time. Kind of a copy of a Browning Hi-Power.

Had the front site blow off my 75 at the range. Was able to get a replacement from CZ-USA. Just need to get it put on.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom