• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • You're buying new camo for Bambi season. Cost is not a barrier, though a factor to consider. Pick:

• Forloh (USA!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Go Wild (USA!)

• Sitka Fanatic

Votes: 5 31.3%
    • Sitka Stratus

Votes: 2 12.5%
    • First Lite

Votes: 2 12.5%
    • Kuiu

Votes: 3 18.8%
    • Kryptek

Votes: 1 6.3%
    • King's Camo

Votes: 1 6.3%
    • Drake/Scentlok/Scentblocker (out of space to add more)

• Mossy Oak/Realtree (out of space to add more)

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    been deer hunting over 25 years,, do deer management with multiple municipalities, Bow, ML, Firearms,,, I kill a lot of deer.

I have never wore camo while deer hunting

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    been deer hunting over 25 years,, do deer management with multiple municipalities, Bow, ML, Firearms,,, I kill a lot of deer.

I have never wore camo while deer hunting
    Agree with this.

Elaborate camo patterns are for the buyers eyes. Earth tone colors or macro patterns work just fine.

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Still using army field coat with liner and pants (camo) since 1986. Same stuff.
    I've been standing next to a tree watching for squirrels and had two guys walk right by be.
    They were chatting up a storm.
    If it's cold I'm in my Carhartt's brown bibs.
    Seems to work.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I run a hodge podge of Columbia, under armour and others for warm weather early season but once it gets cold it's sitka until the end of the season. For deer I run the fanatic jacket with incinerator bibs and the incinerator hat and gaiter. I've sat in snowstorms in a stand and looked like frosty the snowman but been toasty warm. I also run their gear for duck hunting and recommend it highly. Best wet weather gear I've ever worn.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Wife got me Sitka Fanatic pants and jacket against my wishes a few years back for XMas. It's nice. The price tag. Ouch..

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I started years back wearing BDU pants and love the six pockets for every day crap. Past couple years switched to German Flecktarn as US BDU's are crazy expensive and they sell that cheap, plus I love the camo pattern. BDU's fix all the quality concerns you address.

My personal opinion is military camo far exceeds what most private companies sell. I have noticed shadow grass looks like its glowing in the morning sun. Also most patterns are so dark the wearer looks like a dark blob in lower shade light conditions. They are made to fool the buyer, not fool the hunted.

From where, pray tell?

(The rest of your post reads as if I wrote it, lol!)

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    From where, pray tell?

(The rest of your post reads as if I wrote it, lol!)

Not sure about the other guy but Arktis still makes flecktarn and their gear is very highly regarded. I have two pair of their ranger pants and have been very happy with them.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Any places online and you got to shop around. I think I got my pants and blouse for $50 two years back. Someplace will sell pants for $20 and some $40. They also sell "Gently used" which was a issued clothes someone hardly used for training or something. The pants come with suspender buttons too.

Midway can have it in good deals when they have the right size for you. You need to find a size chart. I wear like GR9 pants and 10 shirt or something like that.

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    One of the biggest problem with kuiu/kryptec hunting pants is the pockets design. They are not functional - for hunting I prefer pockets which can be fastened with some silent methods, not with zipper or velcro. And there should be side pockets and they should be big to fit water bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom