• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    No jams anymore with the minimags.
    Rem thunderbolt had some duds that had to be rotated then shot again. But that I don't think is unique to this gun, just how remingtons are.
    Shot some CCI SV in it this weekend and very accurate as well.

These shots are from today at indoor range. 25ft 12 rounds, 10 rounds at 25yds/75ft and 10 rounds of Kindergarten artwork at 25ft

Attachments

• Buckmark25ft.JPG
      Buckmark25ft.JPG
      34.4 KB · Views: 283
    • Buckmark75feet.JPG
      Buckmark75feet.JPG
      43.7 KB · Views: 280
    • Buckmark25ftSmile.JPG
      Buckmark25ftSmile.JPG
      50.9 KB · Views: 287

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I have a similar set up but with the rubber grips. They do have an awesome trigger and are extremely accurate whether using an optic or factory sights!

My 9 y/o son loves it and is an awesome shot with it as well.

Enjoy!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    OK, had to let my dad borrow the Reflex sight so I took to it with the stock sights. It has a fiber on the front and metal on the back.
    After I adjusted the elevation, this Pistol with fixed sights is much more accurate than Id hoped for. The long sight radius really helps alot!

25ft 10 rounds
    25ft 30 rounds
    75ft 75 rounds

Black Birchwood Casey circles are 5 1/2" across

The heavy gun, light trigger and long sight radius really makes this thing work.
    This was using cheap Walmart Federal Automatch ammo I got back in January.

First I shot 50 of the Federal Gameshock and got 3 stove pipes. Only trouble I had with the Automatch was I got one total DUD. put it through 3 times with strikes on different parts of the rim to no avail, just tossed it and moved on.

I have yet to clean this since getting it. I may do so soon, but was really curious to see how long before I'd get real problems.

Attachments

• Buckmark25ftIrons.JPG
      Buckmark25ftIrons.JPG
      36.5 KB · Views: 245
    • Buckmark25ftIrons30rnds.JPG
      Buckmark25ftIrons30rnds.JPG
      39.6 KB · Views: 253
    • Buckmark75ftIrons.JPG
      Buckmark75ftIrons.JPG
      38.4 KB · Views: 264

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I've gone well over 1000 rounds with my Buckmark, probably close to 1500. At about 200-300 rounds any feed issues went away. I guess its all broken in.
    Today, I shot some remington golden bullets. Zero problems. I think this is the first of my rimfires that did not have failures of any kind shooting 100 Remington anything. These are the "new and improved (hahaha) Remington golden bullets in the bucket o bullets I got from my dad.

I have yet to clean the Buckmark since the initial once over. I"ve been sticking a bore light in it periodically just to look at the barrel and all is good. I'm really impressed with this thing. This near the top of my list of satisfied firearm purchases.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    I've gone well over 1000 rounds with my Buckmark, probably close to 1500. At about 200-300 rounds any feed issues went away. I guess its all broken in.
    Today, I shot some remington golden bullets. Zero problems. I think this is the first of my rimfires that did not have failures of any kind shooting 100 Remington anything. These are the "new and improved (hahaha) Remington golden bullets in the bucket o bullets I got from my dad.

I have yet to clean the Buckmark since the initial once over. I"ve been sticking a bore light in it periodically just to look at the barrel and all is good. I'm really impressed with this thing. This near the top of my list of satisfied firearm purchases.

That's great news. I've put roughly less than two thousand through mine with zero malfunctions. I will admit I've only shot CCI Mini-Mag through it. I won't mess with most Remington ammunition, especially 22LR.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I don't know why I can't get behind the Buckmark. I don't know what it is.

I'm a huge ruger fan, though.

I'm of the firm opinion the Colt Woodsman is the best .22 target pistol of all time, however.

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    I don't know why I can't get behind the Buckmark. I don't know what it is.

I'm a huge ruger fan, though.

I'm of the firm opinion the Colt Woodsman is the best .22 target pistol of all time, however.

I can't say I don't want a Ruger 22/45. I bought my Buckmark with Bass Pro gift cards. Originally, it was suppose to be a Ruger, but I purchased the Browning because Bass Pro didn't have the model I wanted. I also can't say I'm not happy.

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    I got the camper model and love it, made the mistake of letting my daughter shoot it and now she loves it. My dads a Ruger man so I had to be different. I accidentally left the shooting bags at home.

Last edited:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have a BM hunter (parkerized version of the OP's). It will shoot rifle like groups if you take your time, they are incredibly accurate. It did take a few hundred before it ran without a hiccup, but eventually it did, just a bit of oil on the contact parts from time to time, wipe it down with CLP, and that's about it. I did the simple and free "spring flip" trigger job, along with some polishing, and lapping the bore, nice crisp short 2#12oz pull that beats just about anything else.

This 5 shot group was shot from a rest at 25 yards a few years ago after the simple free mods, and the scope was zeroed, Wolff IIRC, the damn "flyer" opened the group up a bit over 1/2". Most any buckmark with a similar setup is mechanically capable of the same accuracy.

IMAGE_051.jpg

Rocky BearDog

1 mile south of freedom
    Sep 6, 2011
    Millers, MD.
    I bought a Buckmark for my wife's birthday a year ago (transferred to her pre 10/1/13). She loves it... looks good in the Buckmark tee shirts too. She shoots it very well and keeps up with me with my Ruger Mark I. Beautiful, high quality pistols.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Sounds good. I don't have a good feel about the BM reflex sight. Just a rebadged chinese red dot. If you want a better one get a TruGlo. Looks the same but the quality control is much higher and the reticle images tend to be sharper.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have the buckmark
    My wife has the a Ruger 22/45 lite
    And my dad has the Neos
    Neos is plaugued with light strikes
    The Ruger shoots pretty well but the mag does not seat in well and is not easy to disassemble until you have done it a few times and people mod it right out I the box
    The Buckmark trigger is the best of the bunch and IMO shoots the best overall

I will agree the buckmark reflex is equivalent to a $30 import but so far so good
    Lately I have been shooting it with the stock fixed sights and it is still darn accurate if you work at it

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    blasphemy!

I can't stand those S&Ws!

I had one years ago and the freaking grip broke on me SEVERAL times and I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it, and it was a PITA to clean.

If the design was substandard, do you think the pistol would continue to be sold, especially at its current price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom