• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    In theory this has some truth, but I have yet to see one degrade accuracy on an AK.

Same can be said for Ultimak Upper and Lower Handguards for AK's and I havent seen any degredation in accuracy after installation.

I apply mine with a Torque Driver to give even force on the retaining clamp. I also use green loctite on the screws. I apply Rosin to the barrel and clamp beofre installation to prevent any chances of sliping (Even though the Clamp is ribbed/serrated)

i've given it some thought, do you think maybe the gas block and tube soak keep any of the harmonic changes from making a difference in the barrel flex? just thinking about it like a piece of tight string, if you hold a section half way down and pluck one side the other wont move much, if at all. maybe the section of barrel between the trunnion and gas block is a harmonic dead zone.

Nemesis, had a feeling last night your next build would be a successful Saiga build. :thumbsup:

Best of luck with that, keep us advised because more of us might follow in your Muck-a-luck footprints.

Thanks :) i think it will be a great build. i may also be willing to do some of the modifications that i will be doing (such as FCG work and the handguard) for people...a note on that, im still willing to sell people bipod studs like the one used on my arsenal, just to throw that out there if anyone is interested. lol

For her pleasure! :lol:

Jim

:lol: :D

Yes, just dont clamp it on to parts of your body. You WILL regret it. ;)

you've tried, havent you...?

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Sounds like a nice AK.

Ruskie women dont age well though.

191573_dont_mess_old_russian_women_500x500_1_vw.jpg

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    nem, put martini down #1, #2 man up and get an M4, #3 lose hat commie :)

sounds like a cool build

we already know the answer to #1

as far as #2, i cant get a M4, im not LEO/DOD/Military :( i wouldnt anyway though.

and for #3...but i like my hat...it keeps my ears warm :)

jaypark

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 29, 2009
    peoples republic of MOCO
    as far as #2, i cant get a M4, im not LEO/DOD/Military i wouldnt anyway though.

you dont need to be to do semi but you know this.... and as for wouldnt anyway??? bro put martini down

come to range and I'll convince you.... and not by jamming the barrel down your throat... friendly shoot

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    you dont need to be to do semi but you know this.... and as for wouldnt anyway??? bro put martini down

come to range and I'll convince you.... and not by jamming the barrel down your throat... friendly shoot

if its semi only, its not an M4 ;)

im far to russian to own an AR

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Let me know when you get it done nem, I got 700 rounds of Silver Bear that's doing me no good. Maybe you can 'dispose' of it properly. :innocent0

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Well, aside from not extracting well in my rifle, suprisingly accurate for com-bloc ammo, in a com-bloc gun you should be good to go. :thumbsup:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Copy that, the Grove is my usual spot, so that works out. I'll make sure to save some for the christening of the new build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom