• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    That should look pretty bad-ass, look forward to seeing the outcome.

you and i both...this has been a looong project...and i dont see it being completely finished anytime soon to be honest. money and weather permitting i will try to do the painting here within the next few weeks...the MOE+, not sure...maybe a month or so out. i also still need to time the RAZR. i did rockset the bullet guide today, so that is at least done.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Hell the winters for shooting! Noone at the range...wear enough gear to stay nice and warm....thats the only good part of the winter.

The zombies may not happen in the nicest weather condtions lol

Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    i will be repainting it this same color ( this paint got a little F'd) and then i am going to do a fishnet overlay spray with black. also to come, the MIAD will be replaced with a MOE+

Looks nice! But why are you replacing the MIAD with a MOE? Is it because the color of the MIAD?

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Looks nice! But why are you replacing the MIAD with a MOE? Is it because the color of the MIAD?

yes, as well as the MOE+ is rubberized and i feel it would be more comfortable. the texturing also matches well with the rest of the polymer parts better than the MIAD.

Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    [.. then i am going to do a fishnet overlay spray with black. ..

So it will look something like this?

IMG_4628.jpg

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    This definitely has potential, Forest' looks nice, that musket looks just great. Look at Nem, he's about to start an AK fashion trend!!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Hell the winters for shooting! Noone at the range...wear enough gear to stay nice and warm....thats the only good part of the winter.

The zombies may not happen in the nicest weather condtions lol

Fair enough, and excellent point about the range!

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    uhhh...well lets see.

currently i am trying to sell the Vltor stock setup and aimpoint T1...

plans are to get a dust cover mounted rail system for it and top it with a nikon prostaff i have had for a few years.

i want to recrown and finish the muzzle brake

strip it down and repaint it (unsure of the design yet, and it will wait til spring)

i want to get a standard AK style grip for it as well as a WARSAW length stock (arsenal made, not tapco stuff)

there is still a little work to be done to the BCG/FCG, as well as the mag well

i want to finish styling the lower handguard, just not sure of what to do at the moment

i think that is about it that i can think of. i want to have all of the mechanical work and stuff done before painting in the spring.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    yea the nikon is magnified...not much, i think its like 4x, maybe? i've had it for years...got it for my birthday way back. its been a decent scope. good clarity and holds zero, even on my .30-06.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Why the change of heart with it?

its just a money thing...i like it the way it is but i could use the money for other projects/bills...no other reason behind selling the stuff. going to russian style stock/grips isint a big deal to me, i like them just as much and their alot cheaper. as far as the optics, with the added length from a fixed stock i will put the rifle into more of a light DMR role, and i dont want to spend the bit of funding i have getting another red dot or scope, so i will just use the one i have...it should be sufficient.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    its just a money thing...i like it the way it is but i could use the money for other projects/bills...no other reason behind selling the stuff. going to russian style stock/grips isint a big deal to me, i like them just as much and their alot cheaper. as far as the optics, with the added length from a fixed stock i will put the rifle into more of a light DMR role, and i dont want to spend the bit of funding i have getting another red dot or scope, so i will just use the one i have...it should be sufficient.

All I got from that was.... "I want an AR"

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom