• ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    This is the response I got from zoning...not sure how to interpret it:

Any my original inquiry:

Surveillance is key.

I would stay on top of the police department, animal control, and the zoning board about this matter. I would also mention to the IRS that they have a significant home business that you think they are not reporting taxes for. Of course, the IRS will be able to determine this just by looking at their tax return. As much as they are making your life miserable, I would repay it in spades.

Check to see if there is a nuisance law in your county. Cannot remember if it is a state law or a county ordinance, but it usually pertains to houses of ill repute (e.g., brothels, drug houses).

johnnyu

Feb 21, 2013
    FOSCAM.com makes some damn nice motion sensing cameras, can be scheduled, they capture to a card inside them, and you can view them on your phone. cheap too. 100 bucks.

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    FOSCAM.com makes some damn nice motion sensing cameras, can be scheduled, they capture to a card inside them, and you can view them on your phone. cheap too. 100 bucks.

I have camera's at different locations of my house. I am careful not to point any of them AT their house, or in any windows, but it's in the vicinity of the open area. They are all recording round the clock, but also send me an email with a thumbnail of the picture every time motion is detected. I can view them over my phone, tablet, or computer. I love it.

Independence

long member
    Jul 16, 2008
    Nottingham
    It looks like the might be violating part 6

(6) The sale or rental of goods or products other than those produced on the premises by the home occupation is prohibited.

If the visitors are leaving with items that aren't related to the business.

mark1070

Nov 13, 2010
    south of Annapolis
    We have muslim neighbors who are tenants and they recently brought a horse to the back yard of their home. We are zoned rural residential and the zoning folks didn't have a problem with them keeping a full grown horse on 21,000 sf but a PG county code enforcement officer determined that the lot was too small and threatened the landlord who lives in Kansas with a $250 fine. The horse was removed about two months ago.

That's RACIST! CNN should be in frenzy over this attrocity. :lol2:

Feb 28, 2013
    Just be careful... if they are conducting an illicit business, some of those people may not take well to being photographed.

Does this guy live in Calvert county? They'd love to hear about someone running a busines out of a house. Calvert is absolutely HELL, on home-based businesses.

new_shooter

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2010
    It takes extra time to evict people who were illegally rented a foreclosed home. Normally, I think it takes 6-12 months from the date of foreclosure to evict the home owner. That is often when the bank discovers the illegal rental. As I understand it, the eviction notice for the home owner doesn't apply to the newly discovered renters. So it can take an additional 6-12 months the get an eviction for them.

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    Just an update...talked to my other neighbors (good one's) this morning, and they witnessed my neighbors (bad one's) exchanging a "package" with another car in one of the unfinished neighborhoods surrounding us.

I told them great, call the police when they see suspicious vehicles in that unfinished neighborhood. I can only do so much myself, help from the neighbors would be greatly appreciated.

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    Just an update...talked to my other neighbors (good one's) this morning, and they witnessed my neighbors (bad one's) exchanging a "package" with another car in one of the unfinished neighborhoods surrounding us.

I told them great, call the police when they see suspicious vehicles in that unfinished neighborhood. I can only do so much myself, help from the neighbors would be greatly appreciated.

"I think the package had oil stains on it and there were wires..."

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    So I hadn't seen this one mentioned yet:

Report them to the IRS for "Unreported Income", "Organized Crime Income", or "Narcotics Income"

There is a form where you can remain anonymous, but a reward is possible if you don't remain anonymous.

Now I have to admit, this is not a route I really want to go, it's basically being a snitch, but I'm also running out of options at this point.

ScottR

Mark it Zero Dude!!!
    Feb 18, 2013
    Belair MD
    So I hadn't seen this one mentioned yet:

Report them to the IRS for "Unreported Income", "Organized Crime Income", or "Narcotics Income"

There is a form where you can remain anonymous, but a reward is possible if you don't remain anonymous.

Now I have to admit, this is not a route I really want to go, it's basically being a snitch, but I'm also running out of options at this point.

Protecting your property and your Family is not being a snitch:toothless

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    Here's your answer for the dogs.

Attachments

• Gamo.png
      Gamo.png
      24.1 KB · Views: 173

MDphinfan02

May 12, 2012
    Just call the police everytime you see something suspicious and i was always told to say "its black guy and you think you saw something could be a gun" they will come quick and ruin their day every time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom