• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Do they have to be engraved because they are SBR or because they are part of a trust. I badly want to SBR my 300 BLK pistol but ill be honest all the threads get somewhat confusing.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I drove to engage yesterday to get some engraving done. My daughter shoots competitively and I wanted the butt hooks for her SmallBore rifle engraved.

In/out in 30 minutes. 6 engravings done. Very reasonable prices.

ETA - Nate did the work - even used two different amp settings to polish the engraving. I did call ahead to make sure they weren't swamped and as usual had a chance to visit with Andy, the staff and even got leg humped by Brutus :).

65667aa38a3732b8fafba24593c5de16.jpg

---
    Shamr0ck

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I don't think Engage's able to engrave while-you-wait, but United Gun, also in Rockville, will if you ring them beforehand to be sure they're not swamped.

They did mine while I looked around the shop. If they are busy you will need to be patient. They had several others ahead of me.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Just for completeness, Bollingers also does engraving while you wait.

I had two done there.

From what I have read, whether you need to engrave or not is not clear cut. I will engrave mine.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I emailed about a week or two ago about a transfer and never received a reply.

I haven't been there in some time, but always found they did a much better job answering the phone than either email or pm.

I usually stopped in on my way home from my moms chemo treatment in Gettysburg as that was 'somewhat' on the Way home.

---
    Shamr0ck

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Where on the lower are most of you engraving this info? And does anyone engrave on the front of the magwell?

In the past, I've engraved on the right side of the mag well. I have seen a few with the engraving on the front of the mag well, but I can't fit my information there.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I saw one comment that somebody paid $100, What was the goign rate at Engage or some of the the other places?

If you buy the gun from Engage, it's $25 for NFA text or an image.

If you bring your own gun, text is $40 for the first item, and another $25 for multiples (i.e. if you bring 5 AR lowers, it's $40 for the first and $25 for each additional as long as it's the same text in the same location). Images are $40 and $30 for each multiple.

Their thread is here: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=186263

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom