• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    Ahhhh Ha! So YOUR the person that Frosh is keeping us safe from by making everybody get fingerprinted! How did you keep the guns (nice collection by the way) from murdering everybody you met while you had them?

Good luck.

40-Cal-Polymer

Known Gunmen
    Jan 30, 2013
    My advice to you, and I'm actually not really kidding on this, is to start the process to get an expungement in Delaware, and then find a way to move out of the state of Marylandistan.

I think you probably erred when you went to get fingerprinted with the FBI - you may well get flagged on any instant background check from this point forward as well.

There is a lesson to be learned here - never assume that the "authorities" are actually the authorities, and don't give them anything you don't have to.

Another lesson to be learned here is to contact legal counsel before you let them move you forward with anything. Just reading this thread makes me want to go find a good attorney and get them on retainer as a "just in case" - does anyone have an recommendations for a lawyer who knows their guns stuff here in central Maryland?

The finger printing was done FOR the FBI not by the FBI. I need a certified criminal history to start the expungement process for Delaware. In order to obtain it. They need a ink rolled set of finger prints. They have not been sent out for such history, yet.

Like I said, I just didn't want a midnight raid on my residence. This is a very stressful ordeal for any one to have to go though. And I really wish it on no one person.

40-Cal-Polymer

Known Gunmen
    Jan 30, 2013
    Ahhhh Ha! So YOUR the person that Frosh is keeping us safe from by making everybody get fingerprinted! How did you keep the guns (nice collection by the way) from murdering everybody you met while you had them?

Good luck.

Lol, Not really sure if that is supposed to be an insult or not.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Were you carrying this toy in your waistband or under clothing and then brought it out (brandished) as if it were a real firearm?

Not judging, but were you looking to shock or surprise when the kid saw it?
    It's irrelevant at this point - it was plead-out, and done with in 2001, with the probation being completed in 2002. That's pretty much ancient history, although it does still need to be expunged, although how a juvenile crime from another state weighs in here in the state of Marylandistan makes me raise my eyebrow just a bit.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    It's irrelevant at this point - it was plead-out, and done with in 2001, with the probation being completed in 2002. That's pretty much ancient history, although it does still need to be expunged, although how a juvenile crime from another state weighs in here in the state of Marylandistan makes me raise my eyebrow just a bit.

Yeah, I know. I was more concerned with how a kid seeing a gun (no further info offered) constitutes menacing.

40-Cal-Polymer

Known Gunmen
    Jan 30, 2013
    Were you carrying this toy in your waistband or under clothing and then brought it out (brandished) as if it were a real firearm?

Not judging, but were you looking to shock or surprise when the kid saw it?

No, the toy was in my shorts cargo pocket. I don't remember pulling it out in a threatening manner or with the intent of scaring any one. I thought it was cool and wanted to show the original friend. the original friend (whom I intended to show at first) came back to my home, where I put it back in my room. the other kid, whom all this started from went home to tell his dad. the original friend and I continued riding our bikes through the neighborhood and was eventually stopped by a cop, who then arrested me for said incident.

40-Cal-Polymer

Known Gunmen
    Jan 30, 2013
    what gets me, is that I had four firearms, before purchasing the lower receiver. All regulated, all requiring a background check. Sent away for my designated collector letter, also requiring a background check. letter received within a month an a half. Nothing ever flagged. Why all of a sudden now? Did my obtaining a lower receiver, suddenly set that off?

vcaddy05

Apr 18, 2013
    This entire incident is absolutely insane... scary that people in a position of power of any kind can be so stupid to let such a thing get to this point. Sorry for your troubles, it really is a damn shame.

40-Cal-Polymer

Known Gunmen
    Jan 30, 2013
    Talked to the lawyer. He said I have to contact a Delaware lawyer, because he can't deal with out of state laws. So that's the next step. I will keep this updated, so that any one else having to deal with a similar situation has some clarification as to what routes they may have at their disposal.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I have to say you're a better man than I. I would've told that guy to go **** himself and actually arrest or confiscate guns from actual criminals.

Not to mention the original "crime" was beyond retarded. I have several Airsoft guns and not a single one has one of those stupid orange tips.

Last edited:

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Lol, Not really sure if that is supposed to be an insult or not.

I don't think it's an insult. He's talking about the consideration that was made during the sb281 flap that current gun owners could be denied future approvals due to any previous PBJ's, even with expungement.

40-Cal-Polymer

Known Gunmen
    Jan 30, 2013
    I don't think it's an insult. He's talking about the consideration that was made during the sb281 flap that current gun owners could be denied future approvals due to any previous PBJ's, even with expungement.

Yeah, It popped in my head when he said Froshs name. And how the provision could be used to **** people with situations like mine.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I am not a lawyer, but I will say this. As far as I know the only disqualifying juvenile crimes are the ones that would be disqualifying if the person were an adult when he committed them. Which usually means that the maximum potential sentence for the crime has to be two years or greater.

40-Cal-Polymer

Known Gunmen
    Jan 30, 2013
    I am not a lawyer, but I will say this. As far as I know the only disqualifying juvenile crimes are the ones that would be disqualifying if the person were an adult when he committed them. Which usually means that the maximum potential sentence for the crime has to be two years or greater.

So you're saying I should not have been flagged because of this?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    So you're saying I should not have been flagged because of this?

It's the maximum allowed time for the crime. If the crime is punishable by 2 years or more, then you can not own a firearm in maryland.

It's not the setence you recieved.

PS: after October 1, 2013 when the new law comes into effect, any MD resident who got a probation before justice will be in the same boat as you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom