• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rwrabbit934

Aug 19, 2012
    eastern shore
    a friend of mine owed me some money an told me he would trade an old bolt action for it. hes never shot it but thinks its a .303 brit. theres no caliber marked on barrel but it is a full wood stock. it has 1917 marked on receiver also a proof marks from top to bottom of a crown, G.K., LSA, CoLd, 1917,SHT L.E, III. also has a serial number L on top of 240xx. also came with what looks like the original bayonet which is about 16" long. im trying to take pics to put up also

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    a friend of mine owed me some money an told me he would trade an old bolt action for it. hes never shot it but thinks its a .303 brit. theres no caliber marked on barrel but it is a full wood stock. it has 1917 marked on receiver also a proof marks from top to bottom of a crown, G.K., LSA, CoLd, 1917,SHT L.E, III. also has a serial number L on top of 240xx. also came with what looks like the original bayonet which is about 16" long. im trying to take pics to put up also

[deleted]

Last edited:

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    Short Magazine Lee Enfield (SMLE) No1, Mk III. The LSA indicates that it was manufactured by the London Small Arms company (whose products were generally high quality, but their production rates were low).

The SMLE was the standard British infantry rifle from the early 1900s , through WWI, until about 1943-4, when it was the Enfield No. 4 Mk1 was issued, although the SMLE continued to serve in Italy, Burma and the Pacific until the end of the war. Australian made SMLEs served with Aussie troops in Korea and Indian-made (or other locally made) ones still show up in Afghanistan.

rwrabbit934

Aug 19, 2012
    eastern shore
    YESSIR. FREE AND CLEAR! it wasnt cheap but it was definately worth it. my work paid for most of it. the lawyer expidited it and i got my official pardon papers 7 months ago.

didnt think anyone would follow up on me thanks for the love. i still use my 10 gauge double barrel muzzleloader for duck and goose season now that (figured youd like to know since thats were that quote came from)

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    YESSIR. FREE AND CLEAR! it wasnt cheap but it was definately worth it. my work paid for most of it. the lawyer expidited it and i got my official pardon papers 7 months ago.

didnt think anyone would follow up on me thanks for the love. i still use my 10 gauge double barrel muzzleloader for duck and goose season now that (figured youd like to know since thats were that quote came from)

Just out of curiosity, what is the process you had to go through? Did O'Mally pardon you?

rwrabbit934

Aug 19, 2012
    eastern shore
    i had my lawyer do it all. all i had to do was sign a few things. yes o'mally had to sign it but i dont kno if he really saw the packet or not. it seems like the office of pardons makes a decision an just has him sign it.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

Very glad to hear it... congratulations!

didnt think anyone would follow up on me thanks for the love.

Actually, I thought I remembered your handle from you asking for a price on an Enfield last month (this one), and then saw this post asking for an ID on a rifle, which turned out to be an Enfield. Thought I was confused so I looked at your post history to see if I misremembered, and the first four words on the very last line on the page 'I am a felon....' really kind of stood out, you see :). Just a wtf?? kind of moment.

So, not stalking you, glad everything is nice and legal, and congrats on the gun & your restored rights. :thumbsup:

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Glad that you are no longer a felon!

I have a brother who went through a real nightmare about 20 years ago. He offered to help a girlfriend move from one state to another by driving a truck full of her furniture. He got down to FL and was pulled for a taillight out, and it was just his luck to have had the same first and last name (different middle name) as some doofus down there who had warrants out, had skipped bond, etc. They hauled him off to jail, processed him as if he was the felon, accused him of stealing the truck and stuff in it from out of state. filled out a ton of info, and put him into the system.

He finally got in touch with his girlfriend and her parents (who owned the truck) the next day, she bailed him out and they got an attorney to supposedly straighten everything out. It cost him $3k in 1970s money (a new Datsun) to get it all straightened out ... he thought.

Fast forward 30+ years and he goes in to buy an AR15 in NC. The NICs check comes back that he's a convicted felon from FL. The dealer starts talking to him like he's shit, he's embarrassed, etc., etc.

It took him nearly a year, and another $1,500 for a FL attorney, to get all of the stuff corrected so that he could buy a freakin' gun. All that, and he never committed a crime of any sort. He just tried to help out a friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom