• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    Don't want to know where your nose has been but Eezox sells like fresh cut hay.

Yeah, that's what they tell you on their website FAQs, but you've clearly never used a public restroom with a urinal before.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    I have and use Eezox. You need to see a doc about your nose if it smells like cut hay to you. That, or your farmer is doing some wacky stuff to his hay.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Anyone who actually has some Eezox and doesn't like the smell, I'll be glad to take it off your hands, no charge!

FatMuscle

Aug 9, 2010
    La Plata
    My wife HATES Hoppes.....makes my relaxing gun cleaning time hell....lol

The CLP Breakfree Foamy does not bother her at all, so peace returns to gun cleaning time.

Will try some of the others mentioned too.

Justler

Jan 5, 2012
    After trying Froglube for a month I can say i'm putting it back on the shelf as it gums everything up. My 22/45 is pretty disgusting after 200 rounds of using froglube. I did the cleaning as recommended on all my firearms, heated them up, painted on the lube, let it sit completely, waited a day, applied another coat.

After going through all that, the result was that things got pretty gummed up after minimal rounds and the action didn't seem to cycle or be any smoother that using plain old remoil and using Hoppe's. The benefit of the Froglube for me is the smell and that turns out to be about it.

At the range I shoot at, they use and are selling FireClean which I bought a bottle of to try. Talking with some of the guys at the range that use it, they said they used Froglube and had the same issue w/ gumming up actions. They are using FireClean and say it performs really well and doesn't gum up. The same people also recommended GunZilla which I have not tried yet.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    After trying Froglube for a month I can say i'm putting it back on the shelf as it gums everything up. My 22/45 is pretty disgusting after 200 rounds of using froglube. I did the cleaning as recommended on all my firearms, heated them up, painted on the lube, let it sit completely, waited a day, applied another coat.

After going through all that, the result was that things got pretty gummed up after minimal rounds and the action didn't seem to cycle or be any smoother that using plain old remoil and using Hoppe's. The benefit of the Froglube for me is the smell and that turns out to be about it.

At the range I shoot at, they use and are selling FireClean which I bought a bottle of to try. Talking with some of the guys at the range that use it, they said they used Froglube and had the same issue w/ gumming up actions. They are using FireClean and say it performs really well and doesn't gum up. The same people also recommended GunZilla which I have not tried yet.

Is this an older firearm? Of so, did you strip down with alcohol like is recommended? Also, you are supposed to wipe off the excess after the metal cools, it should not remain caked on the internals and stored this way. I've known several people with 1000+ rounds through their guns without cleaning and haven't had a single FTF, certainly no "gumming" issues. The only way I could see this is if the gun previously had large amounts of petrol based lubricant still inside, excess wasn't wiped off, and fired in a cold environment.

Good luck with what you end up with, but your experience is very atypical from high demand shooters that I've met using it.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Anyone who actually has some Eezox and doesn't like the smell, I'll be glad to take it off your hands, no charge!

Yep, I love the way it smells. Eezox seems to be THE BEST rust preventative short of something thick like Cosmo.

Me, I got turned onto WipeOut as a cleaner a few years ago and haven't looked back, it only smells faintly of ammonia and gets stuff out of bores that other cleaners haven't. I like Ballistol too, nearly odorless and lots of other uses. I have some Froglube but haven't really put it through its paces...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom