• zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    As far as a good cleaner that doesn't smell, I also recommend M Pro 7

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    MPro7 and Hoppes Elite are both great, as are the others mentioned. CLP Breakfree isn't too bad.

Blue Wonder is my personal favorite cleaner. It is biodegradable and non-toxic. The scent is similar to Windex as it is ammonia-based, although it dissipates quickly and the minor scent is pretty easy to justify given the lack of toxicity, environmental friendliness, and efficiency. I use Blue Wonder partly because if I were to ever not clean it up 100%, it wouldn't harm any of my animals where as some other products could be fatal, and it is nowhere near as much of a skin irritant as most cleaners with it's capability. It removes plastic build up exceptionally well. It's also worth noting that Blue Wonder is a true chemical cleaner...it removes all petrol/silicone products, and once rinsed off, there will be no residue and so it is essential that it be used in the 1-2 fashion, with 2 being a protectant that provides rust protection.

Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    The other one to use especially on striker-fired is IPA. Cheap to boot in the dollar store! Use on all the metal surfaces except the copper/lead removal part inside the barrel.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Ok so My wife has supper nose and wont let me clean my guns at the house as she says the smell of the hops cleaner makes her sick.

Does anyone have a recommendation for something that doesn't smell? or is organic?

Wives. You got to love them...I think?

I know this guy that had a wonderful dog that he loved but they had to get rid of it because the wife had whatever allergies. Then sometime after they got rid of his dog, she found a dog that she liked and all of a sudden having a dog in the house was OK.

PaullySS

Rule#2:The Double Tap
    Jan 31, 2013
    Rockville
    Had a similar concern from my girlfriend and a day or two after i used froglube on my gun i was showing her how to handle the weapon in case and she stopped and sniffed and asked why it smelled so good.

Frog Luge also does a great job with C,L,P. Just my two cents.

If the day comes that you really wanna piss her off get some Ballistol. Nothing like the smell of old worn gym socks to get her attention...haha. Other than the smell it's some great stuff.

Welcome to Ballistol USA!
    The World's Most Useful and Environmentally Friendly Lubricant!

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Do not use Simple Green on anodized aluminum, it will make the anodizing go away. Personally, I take carb cleaner and hose out everything outside, do the lubing with CLP inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom