• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Build. I picked up an Aero Precision stripped lower locally and an Aero hbar complete upper on sale online. Found the parts I wanted on sale and put the lower together.
    IMG_4093.jpeg
    IMG_4364.jpeg

Last edited:

DavidA

The Master of Disaster
    Dec 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    Yep they are relatively easy to build, just a few tools and you can build out acquiring parts on sale for different areas over time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defense Initiative

Aug 2, 2023
    Maryland
    I've had many over the years; if I had to pick just one, I'd go with a rifle with a solid stock and a twenty inch barrel. I like Colts, but I've used FN; both are excellent rifles.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Build. I picked up an Aero Precision stripped lower locally and an Aero hbar complete upper on sale online. Found the parts I wanted on sale and put the lower together. View attachment 445033 View attachment 445035
    Dude, that's dead sexy! My first build was much the same - complete upper on a stripped lower that I put together. I remember the trepidation I had when I was embarked upon putting together the lower with...I think it was an Anderson lower parts kit. Might have been a PSA.

In any case, I learned soon enough that putting together a lower is more common sense than anything else, and not truly very complicated.

Even doing my first full build where built out a stripped upper wasn't that hard - the main thing is to check the headspacing with gauges. So far, every barrel I've checked has the proper headspace.

I'm curious what trigger you decided to use. That's (IMO) one of the first/best upgrades a person can put on an AR, with the next being a good ambi charging handle like a Radian Raptor, or even better, Palmetto's clone of it, which IMO is just a bit better and costs less.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Dude, that's dead sexy! My first build was much the same - complete upper on a stripped lower that I put together. I remember the trepidation I had when I was embarked upon putting together the lower with...I think it was an Anderson lower parts kit. Might have been a PSA.

In any case, I learned soon enough that putting together a lower is more common sense than anything else, and not truly very complicated.

Even doing my first full build where built out a stripped upper wasn't that hard - the main thing is to check the headspacing with gauges. So far, every barrel I've checked has the proper headspace.

I'm curious what trigger you decided to use. That's (IMO) one of the first/best upgrades a person can put on an AR, with the next being a good ambi charging handle like a Radian Raptor, or even better, Palmetto's clone of it, which IMO is just a bit better and costs less.
    Thank you. This one has a Larue MBT trigger.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Anyone with a 1500 budget can go another hundred bucks and get a LWRCI Direct Impingement IC (Individual Carbine) with fluted and twisted heavy barrel.
    Ambi bolt and mag release. The rail is proprietary, so if you want a longer one, you have to buy theirs, but you don't have to be a gunsmith to do it. It is just 10 bolts.
    One of the best production rifles on the market. I just bought one.
    LWRC’s DI guns are well worth it if it’s within budget

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom