• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    You should also be aware there are asinine regulations for transporting a handgun in Maryland if you don't have a Maryland CC permit (and even in some cases with one). Basically you can only transport it directly from your residence to a range, gunsmith or show and back.

IAANAL

Emma

May 8, 2014
    You should also be aware there are asinine regulations for transporting a handgun in Maryland if you don't have a Maryland CC permit (and even in some cases with one). Basically you can only transport it directly from your residence to a range, gunsmith or show and back.

IAANAL

Thanks to the NRAs gun safety course, I knew this about Maryland. And hence my concern about finding a legal place to stash it once I'm out of Virginia but not truly a Maryland resident.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you're going to live in a hotel, many have safes for valuables. You coud investigate that angle. I don't mean a room safe, but a real secure office type safe.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    And...If I understand correctly, make sure you buy all the lowers you can BEFORE moving in because you will be stuck after you become a resident of MD.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Every once in a while we get someone on MDS who is contemplating a move cross-border. It's a fascinating thing to observe- like a confused animal walking along the side of the interstate unaware of the consequences of its next decision to proceed and face forces it can't understand or turn back.

You'll regret moving to Maryland. The only question is how often. Some MDS folks will scoff at this but I just have to speak the truth.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    DO NOT MOVE TO MD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Worst decision ever unless personal freedoms, taxation, yuppie asshats, and the 7th highest crime in the USA don't matter to you.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    How long does it take to establish residency in Md, and what if it's not your intent to establish residency? Just wondering about the wording in the law.

The ban of firearms is probably in the rental agreement. I don't think it's illegal to store, just the companies policy. Same with ammo, flammables, etc. more likely for insurance purposes.

BBossman1

Mar 11, 2009
    Kensington
    Its not just the gun laws that should deter you, its damn near everything about this states government.

I'm only here out of love for my mother. Her and my step father are dug in like ticks.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Emma, the 4th of July (formerly, "Independence Day," ironically) is coming up, so I thought I'd advise you to leave any fireworks, including sparklers, behind in VA.

Montgomery County banned sparklers and all other displays of independence some time ago. Only the government can have fireworks, and even they don't use sparklers.

I'd be hard pressed to think of a single person I know who would spontaneously say that they're glad to have moved to Maryland from elsewhere, other than a few very liberal New Yorkers who escaped from that gulag. And even they moved here some time ago.

Welcome.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    I'll join in with DON'T DO IT. Recent polls show that 47% of the states population would move out if they could.

MD is a small state and really just about anywhere in this dump is commutable from a state with more freedoms. Maybe consider staying in VA, and just moving closer to MD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom