• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i suppose you could have the barrel cut back and rethreaded for a choke.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    It actually is a misaligned choke. I researched it some more last nite and looked down the end of the barrel, there it was.

I called Remington and I told them about the choke not being centered in barrel. The service rep told me that it is past the 2 year warranty and Remington was not going to replace the barrel or repair it gratis, even though it is clearly a manufacturing defect.

This guy was real unprofessional too. He said that I had 15+ years to find the problem and now I'm SOL. "Business is business, ya know..."

That's great that Remington does NOT stand behind their product. I don't think I'll buy Remington products again, except maybe their shotshells.:innocent0

damn, freedom group sucks. That 1187 i sent back rusted and got a brand new barrel free of charge for was sent back last year. The gun was from the 70's. Looks like their customer service has gone down the crapper. Combined with how badly they've appeared to screw marlin, i think i'll be sticking with mossberg, browning, or benelli from now on.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Right, I really don't know why he thought he was going to get positive fesback on his Remington warranty rant. It's a dime a dozen po dunk 870, you even said yourself you may as well buy another one for the price of a barrel. Had it been a several thousand dollar hams crafted piece of artwork your rant may have been justified as long as you weren't 15 Yeats late.

There are plenry of 15 year old zombie mindset goobers that would love that 870 for some sort of project

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    It actually is a misaligned choke. I researched it some more last nite and looked down the end of the barrel, there it was.

I called Remington and I told them about the choke not being centered in barrel. The service rep told me that it is past the 2 year warranty and Remington was not going to replace the barrel or repair it gratis, even though it is clearly a manufacturing defect.

This guy was real unprofessional too. He said that I had 15+ years to find the problem and now I'm SOL. "Business is business, ya know..."

That's great that Remington does NOT stand behind their product. I don't think I'll buy Remington products again, except maybe their shotshells.:innocent0

Did you get the CS rep's name????
    Document. Document. Document.

Write a letter to Remington, or send an e-mail and describe the issue, but, do NOT state that you have tried to alter/bend the barrel!!!!

In your letter, convey to them what the CS rep said about you being "SOL".
    Also convey that yes, the shotgun is a few years old, but, it has been fired, rarely.

IF your request for repair is declined, write them back, and convey to them that you are fully prepared to write every gun magazine, and every gun forum, you are a member of, telling how Remington has gone from a 'premiere' firearm manufacturer, to a second rate gun builder.

I do think that when you write Remington, you will get some service.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    update to this thread.

SnapshotMD sent the barrel back to Remington with a note about it shooting to the left.
    They sent him a new barrel. :thumbsup:
    I guess he should make a formal appoligy to Rem on this thread. :innocent0 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom