• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Now available via FOIA:

It's 120 pages.

https://www.foia.navy.mil/foia/webdoc01.nsf/(vwDocsByID)/DL140318103953/$File/WNY%20JAGMAN%20final%20report%2011mar14%20DNS36.pdf
    When I quote your post, there is no space between the d and the f in the ending 'pdf'.

When I hit preview, there is a space. I pasted the link into a browser and saw the 120 page report. When I copied and pasted that link into this, there was no space, but when I hit preview, there is a space.

I see no way to paste in a clickable link. :tinfoil:

xref

May 9, 2013
    Not very impressive. Half of the blame in this report goes to his employer it appears. What about the fact that the military is unarmed? Maybe they should've included that as a recommendation.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Another update ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...da6ce8-08e7-11e4-8a6a-19355c7e870a_story.html

Apparently there was a live video feed that the officers reporting to the scene didn't have access too and parallel command centers. Some of the report may be to protect DC Police Chief Lanier, but the new details are also interesting as they highlight the resourcefulness of the responding officers (e.g. taking a badge from a slain security guard to gain access to different parts of the building).

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    This won't happen again because Chief Lanier procured "Modern Rifles" for her officers to use instead of the old outdated evil black assault weapon type rifles.

Whew !

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    Another update ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...da6ce8-08e7-11e4-8a6a-19355c7e870a_story.html

Apparently there was a live video feed that the officers reporting to the scene didn't have access too and parallel command centers. Some of the report may be to protect DC Police Chief Lanier, but the new details are also interesting as they highlight the resourcefulness of the responding officers (e.g. taking a badge from a slain security guard to gain access to different parts of the building).

That's like in every movie ever though.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Knowing something doesn't mean that people act on it. People respond differently when under pressure ... even moderate pressure like test taking ... people will flub questions that they should know answers to.

Here's an even higher pressure situation, coming in relatively blind, guessing which building to search, searching for an unknown number of active shooters (they were told 2-3), and unlike the security contractor that locked himself in the video feed room (apparently incommunicado ... taking the advice to hide two posts up), the responding officers acted quickly and resourcefully according to the summary provided in the article.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Of course it won't happen. But if it does, we're all now prepared because we've seen this:

http://youtu.be/5mzI_5aj4Vs

I feel so much more prepared now :rolleyes:

No one will ever bring up the conversation that if all those employees were armed the "active shooter" would 99% choose a softer target - unless there was an underlying motivation that he had to hit that building. In that case he'd be put down pretty quick. All those juicy unarmed civilians are ripe for the picking. Gun free zones are soft targets. Guns save lives people.

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    What about the fact that the military is unarmed?

You mean, in contrast to how it supposedly was prior to the issuance of DoD Directive 5210.56 (Use of Deadly Force and the Carrying of Firearms by DoD Personnel Engaged in Law Enforcement and Security Duties) in 1992?

Are you saying that, before that, all military personnel were walking around bases with loaded M16s slung over their shoulders or .45s on their hips?

I was there. And I assure you, we weren't.

All DoDD 5210.56 did was to formalize the practices that had already been in effect.

Joshvictus

2GOG
    Jul 8, 2014
    Annapolis
    Is there any mention of them having any sort of relative emergency/active shooter plan?

I feel so much more prepared now :rolleyes:

No one will ever bring up the conversation that if all those employees were armed the "active shooter" would 99% choose a softer target - unless there was an underlying motivation that he had to hit that building. In that case he'd be put down pretty quick. All those juicy unarmed civilians are ripe for the picking. Gun free zones are soft targets. Guns save lives people.

I like how they sort-of highlighted the fact that the front door to the office building had the "ghostbusters" style no guns allowed sign.

Imagine how this situation would have gone if there were more than one extra-friendly, (probably unarmed) but instead armed security guard on duty.

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    Is there any mention of them having any sort of relative emergency/active shooter plan?

I like how they sort-of highlighted the fact that the front door to the office building had the "ghostbusters" style no guns allowed sign.

Imagine how this situation would have gone if there were more than one extra-friendly, (probably unarmed) but instead armed security guard on duty.

I liked how the video told the viewers to 'improvise' weapons. Why not just allow people to carry their own...no improvisation needed.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I liked how the video told the viewers to 'improvise' weapons. Why not just allow people to carry their own...no improvisation needed.

I keep one of the heavy metal Swingline stapler (it's also red :lol2: ) on my desk because it would be awesome to bean someone in the head with, if the need ever arose. :innocent0

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Everyone keeps saying about having " At least 1 armed person " could have ended this. That is true, but the "how" is the important part. Dumb luck would have to play a big part in it. Like the armed person would have managed to walk into a hallway or room where the shooter was and got the one up on him pretty quick. Otherwise, having to search out a shooter through a building is a pretty tough task to do alone, especially if one has no experience.
    It's hard enough with 2 men, but the more armed defenders seeking a shooter out, the better.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The problem with something like this happening in DC is that it could be a ruse. Many of the Federal police agencies pretty much need to stand fast at their own facilities they are there to protect. Nothing like having your assets drawn out and you left your responsibility uncovered.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    The problem with something like this happening in DC is that it could be a ruse. Many of the Federal police agencies pretty much need to stand fast at their own facilities they are there to protect. Nothing like having your assets drawn out and you left your responsibility uncovered.

The first problem is that there are that many different federal agencies doing the same thing for their respective little cubbyhole.

As for this incident, it looks like most of the responsibility is probably with NDW who from the sounds of it didn't do a very good job setting up communications, procedures, MOUs and drills to cover for an assault on the facility. If it is MPDs responsibility to respond to an incident in the facility, they shouldn't encounter locked gates when they arrive or have to ask their way around for the location of the building.

This was one confused guy with a $400 shotgun. It is a frightening thought what a team of 10-20 trained operatives could achieve in any of the other large federal facilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom