• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I'm taking Friday the 11th of Nov. Veterans Day off and plan to go to MG an punch holes in paper, sometime around 10-12. For some BS reason Veterans Day isn't a observed Gov/Fed holiday at my job so I 'm taking it as a flex Holiday.

Next thing they will tell me the American Flags in my offices offends someone.:cool:

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    If MG is closed I guess I go to MSAR as a backup or sleep in who know I'll make that decision when I wake up, after all this in America and after the election Tuesday night I need the rest!

Trump Making America Great Again! :thumbsup:

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    what did ya find out was mg closed for deer season I wanted to head down their this weekend possibly

Just checked the MG Web site

http://dnr.maryland.gov/wildlife/Pages/publiclands/southern/myrtlegrove.aspx

The Myrtle Grove WMA range will be closed on November 18, 2016 and from Saturday, November 26th through Saturday, December 10th and will reopen Sunday December 11th at 1:00PM.

So I guess it would be a good time to get some range time in before it's Bambi Whacking Time ;)

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I have always disagree with them closing the range for deer season. Lot of people use the range that dont hunt and it is unfair to them, also if I should drop my shotgun and have to check the scope/ sights I don't have any place to do it.
    The deer on m.g. are use to hearing the range so hunting isnt affected if the range stays open.

This is the only public shooting ranges around us. Maybe we need to get on dnr and try and change them closing it during gun season.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Good day at MG, I was going to get up early but slept in. Didn't get to the range until after 1030, had to wait a whole 15-20 mins, spent a hour shooting most tables had 2 -3 people taking turns, everyone having a good time no issues safety or other wise.

Just a another great day exercising my 2nd amendment right in Southern Maryland with a bunch of like mind people.

Got a laugh from a story on the radio, heard a story about all the snow flakes having crying sessions they just couldn't deal with the out come of the election, I was having a great Veterans day shooting session, feels good !:cool:

Last edited:

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Had a great outing at MG this afternoon got there around 345 a few guys let me take one of their multiple lanes once they saw I was waiting. Got set up and the Galil was pretty popular today lol let a few guys shoot it sighted everything in at 100yds
    Overall good Sunday

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I am thinking of going thete Tuesday morning and let my 50 bmg go bang a few time with some apit
    I have.

IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia
    I have always disagree with them closing the range for deer season. Lot of people use the range that dont hunt and it is unfair to them, also if I should drop my shotgun and have to check the scope/ sights I don't have any place to do it.
    The deer on m.g. are use to hearing the range so hunting isnt affected if the range stays open.

This is the only public shooting ranges around us. Maybe we need to get on dnr and try and change them closing it during gun season.

I agree, but I wonder if it might have something to do with staff resources that need to be pulled off range duty to cover the deer season. Then again, it's not like there's someone from DNR there all the time.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    What resources? Opening it and closing it wouldn't tax them anymore then they are
    Dnr police are as Garrus as hen's teeth.
    I called Saturday at 0700 because done asshat was setting off m80 close to me while hunting with intent to distribute my and others hunting. I was told they only had one officer working in southern Maryland and he was in st Mary's county. But at 0900 one woukd be coming on duty in Charles. They don't have enough officers working anyway.

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    Anyone going today around 1?
    My son, just back from Air Force basic,
    is going over and I would surly appreciate
    a guiding hand to supplement the
    vigilance of range officer...he will
    be firing his 98K and my Colt 6721...he
    qualified on the 16 at basic, and has been
    to the Montgomery County Izak Walton
    range with me a couple of times...a good
    kid I am proud to call my son.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I'm going tomorrow not sure the time . My son wanted to shot a new Glock 17 gen 4, he picked up Sat at Nations. We're delaying our Thanksgiving one day for a family member who can't make it until Friday.

Who knows maybe the range will empty, everyone else will be watching football and eat turkey.

Last edited:

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I just got back from Myrtle Grove. It was busy. i had about 15 minutes wait.. but when I left no one was waiting.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I had a good time thete yesterday morning. Got to shoot the vepr that I am building into a psl style d.m.r.

Only downside is that rifle really flings the spent brass. a spent case flew over and hit a boy in his cheek giving him a big red spot and maybe a little burse. I still feel bad it hit him.

And I got to play with my ar15 with 37 mm grenade launcher some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom