My Wife and 9mm PCC Search (INITIATED HY HER)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    my bride is very comfortable with AR controls.
    Easy fix on an MP5.

Maki

Jun 11, 2020
    Odenton
    You say she has a G19, and if it’s for shtf, I’d look solely at options that take Glock mags. I’ve got an AR9 (can’t remember brand, I’ll post when I get home) and I’ve shot a ruger pcc (rifle not charger) and both run good and are fun to shoot, especially when I set the range up and run my 19 and 26 with them.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You say she has a G19, and if it’s for shtf, I’d look solely at options that take Glock mags. I’ve got an AR9 (can’t remember brand, I’ll post when I get home) and I’ve shot a ruger pcc (rifle not charger) and both run good and are fun to shoot, especially when I set the range up and run my 19 and 26 with them.
    The CMMG radial delayed blowback bolt/barrel are designed for Glock mag lowers.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Ok - I'll jump in with my CMMG rig. This one is 45ACP. Runs like a top. This one uses straight single-stack HP USC mags.

IMG_1805.jpeg

Last edited:

icarusX

Jan 14, 2008
    Funny. My cmmg jams on occasion using oem glock mags. Using SGM 25 rd mags the CMMG rocks. The only problem is after 2 mags and you need another box of ammo. 200 rds goes pretty quick

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    Ok well talks were had around 545p and I think we’re going to hop on the AP5-P band wagon actually. She said she’s down to learn new mechanics, she also said get 1,500 rounds. So who can argue with marching orders like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    Going back to 9mm PCC. In my journeys, I've shot and/or held a number of and own several. If I had to pick one it would be my Sig MPX PCC Gen3 (Timney trigger). It genuinely puts a grin on my face every time I take to the range. 30 round mags with +11 extenders from TTI, makes for an enjoyable outing. The primary con is the price.

The various AR variations work perfectly well and for a lightweight and compact variation, the Beretta CX4 is underrated.

Asking for PCC favorite is like asking for favorite ice cream flavor. Everyone has their own opinion.

Maki

Jun 11, 2020
    Odenton
    When I hear budget, I tend to think $1k for the gun and $1k for accessories and magazines. That’s the main reason I suggested something Glock Mag compatible. Especially since the shit hitting the fan scenario, you’re going to want to carry as minimum as possible for travel. Having a primary and sidearm that take the same round and magazine seems like a no brainer to me so you’re not fumbling to make sure you’re pulling the correct magazine. Mines a JRC carbine, but I’m considering getting a charger and a gen 2 vector that will be more truck gun/bug out because of being smaller.

W.Coyote

MDS Supporter
    May 30, 2013
    Kingsville (Hazzard County)
    Well she didn’t seem to blink at the CMMG. She said whatever you think is best and we’ll talk in more detail. She’s been killing it at work recently. She’s maxed her 401k and is smart as hell with the money. We use my wage as living expense and hers goes to some, but mostly socked away for vacations and such. Frivolities. This is the first time she’s said I need something other than my 590A1 (which she dominates) and her Glock 19 (which she’ll make any proud man sweat). She’s a good one she is. North Harford girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You mentioned she is a North Harford girl. As in NHHS? ‘74 here.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Outrider, is that a Quarter Circle 10 lower?

[EDIT]
    No it's CMMG. Never mind
    It's a New Frontier C-5 side folding receiver. I'm not sure they are still in production. It runs fine with a CMMG RDB and barrel using MP5 mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom