• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Quick backstory: after lurking for a year I signed up on MD Shooters this afternoon and said hello on the introductions page. I logged out and headed to downtown Annapolis to run errands. On the sidewalk I passed Sen. Brian Frosh (Bethesda) who, as all MD Shooter Warriors know, is The Man who is trying to strip everyone but LEO of guns in Maryland.

In front of Chick & Ruth's Deli I introduced myself and told him that what is being proposed is so drastic that threatens to split Maryland in two. I told him that I and other Maryland gun owners see the registration and taxing schemes as punishment, and that the resentment over this will NEVER go away...and would never be forgotten. He said "The Governor doesn't want to take away anyone's 2nd Amendment Rights" and that the proposal "only effects new people while you and everyone else like you can keep everything you have".

I told him it wasn't totally clear that current owners were grandfathered in. I repeated that the law changes were so severe that Maryland politics would never recover and asked him to consider that. Of course I realized I was pissing in the wind with him. I did not yell. Did not raise my voice. I thought that it was important that a sidewalk chat be "civil" because he was out in the open with no security and no place to hide....

I don't think he recognized me. Two years ago I aggressively criticized him from the witness chair at a Judiciary hearing on conceal carry....

Defender

Jan 15, 2013
    AA county
    I think its good to remind them that they'll still have to face the public in person after all this, not just through the screen of their staff. Nicely done!

lasher9999

May 31, 2010
    Jacksonville, md
    Quick backstory: after lurking for a year I signed up on MD Shooters this afternoon and said hello on the introductions page. I logged out and headed to downtown Annapolis to run errands. On the sidewalk I passed Sen. Brian Frosh (Bethesda) who, as all MD Shooter Warriors know, is The Man who is trying to strip everyone but LEO of guns in Maryland.

In front of Chick & Ruth's Deli I introduced myself and told him that what is being proposed is so drastic that threatens to split Maryland in two. I told him that I and other Maryland gun owners see the registration and taxing schemes as punishment, and that the resentment over this will NEVER go away...and would never be forgotten. He said "The Governor doesn't want to take away anyone's 2nd Amendment Rights" and that the proposal "only effects new people while you and everyone else like you can keep everything you have".

I told him it wasn't totally clear that current owners were grandfathered in. I repeated that the law changes were so severe that Maryland politics would never recover and asked him to consider that. Of course I realized I was pissing in the wind with him. I did not yell. Did not raise my voice. I thought that it was important that a sidewalk chat be "civil" because he was out in the open with no security and no place to hide....

I don't think he recognized me. Two years ago I aggressively criticized him from the witness chair at a Judiciary hearing on conceal carry....

Splitting Maryland in two? Sounds like a great idea. Lets give Montgomery County to DC!!!

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012

Great job! You chose a good approach. You Showed him the big political picture. You didn't get mired in stuff like what an assault weapon is or a 2A argument.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Splitting Maryland in two? Sounds like a great idea. Lets give Montgomery County to DC!!!

Hell, dump a load of gravel on the east end of the Bay Bridge and call it a day. It would have made a better post if I said I cornered Frosh in the Deli and clocked him with a Pistrami and Rye Sammich , but seriously, being low-key on the sidewalk was the only way to go...

m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    Hell, dump a load of gravel on the east end of the Bay Bridge and call it a day. It would have made a better post if I said I cornered Frosh in the Deli and clocked him with a Pistrami and Rye Sammich , but seriously, being low-key on the sidewalk was the only way to go...

You know, I'd love to see that on youtube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom